Was it just me...? (1 Viewer)

amyb

I've forgotten which line is which, as in is Line 1 the S-shaped and Line 2 the exponential-type one?
I put ectotherm for part 1, and endotherm for parts 2 and 3....i am wrong, yes? Lost like 4 marks or something right there...ugh :(

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by amyb
That's what i want to complain about! Line 1 did not represent, truly and clearly, an endotherm. While, line 2, i guess, was clearer, that body temp of organism rises with ambient temp., the body temp of an endotherm does NOT go up and down like that, unless fever is present...and it WASN'T. Bloody BOS people...what the hell is wrong with CLARITY?!
no but it does... because it rises when the ambient temp goes up and then we sweat etc to reduce it again and the cycle continues... it was a true representation...

ange182003

i worte that it was an endotherm, then crossed it out because of the changing body temperature with the increasing temperature. Endotherms are usually represented by a straight line, not one that increases. IT was confusing, made me think, but though on the wrong wave length.

HSC

if organism one is the one where the line goes alllll the way up then it's an ectotherm... as temp rises the body temp also rises right????

kochy

Useless uni student
HSC
1st question was definately an endotherm and 2 and 3 were talking about an Australian ectotherm of your choice

Bannanafish

HSC
no it is an endotherm

how about you try sitting in 70degree weather and not get hotter than 37 degrees?

amyb

Someone PLEASE just answer this:
the exponential curve, was it the endo- or ectotherm?
the bloody wonky curve, was it an endo or ectotherm?

Thankyou, that is all i want to know

Bannanafish

HSC
:)

cos think about it, at extreme temps, endotherms will change temperature and then die hahhaha

~Dreamer

HSC
for expo curve i put ecto as the cannot control their body internally, and if u notice it starts off near zero, endotherms body temp are NEVER near zero unless theyre sick or hypothalamus is wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)