WAT about U? (1 Viewer)

MushROOM HeaD

HSC
YEr we just finished our trials .. but the question i want to ask is that ..

has your skool finished covering all tha topics to study for tha HSC and are doing revision?

personally our skool has not and were still learning new topics eg chem and food technnology .. i mean does this provide our skool with a disadvantage? ... personally i find this unfair :mad1: .. but meh i mean thas my opinion

:confused: confused MUSHROOM

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
No we havent finished all our topics. We still have a novel to do in engX which noones read, a bunch of topics in mathsX and like half our HistX course.
1wk left of trials

HSC
Well for the subjects i do we've pretty much finished the entire course, except bio we have 2 small dot pts to do of our option but i went ahead and did notes on that to save time now, same with chem we have 2 dot pts left

But for maths we finished nearly half way through term 2 and had to rest of hte time for revision, and eco we finshed just b4 the trials which was kind of stupid since we flew thorugh the last module in 2 weeks and same with SOR 1 we finished b4 the trials. Eng Adv we also finished well ahead of time and had 2 weeks of revision on texts, thankgod for that!

But i dont think its a disadvantage if u havent finished, at least the last stuff will be fresh in ur head, but i guess depends on how much uve got to go in each subject, u should be nearing the end of ur courses

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
i think its a huge advantage to have finished everything by now. i think ive finished all my subjects except for about half of the option topic left for bio and an excercise or two for maths.

5 weeks of school left which is going to just be revision is going to do wonders.

kerfuffle

HSC
We're still going to be learning new topics for Maths Extension 1, Economics and Modern History. Otherwise, it's all revision for the other subjects (Advanced English, Maths and Business Studies).

sinist4

HSC
nope... my scool hasnt finished any topics yet, the closest to be finished is english. onli 1 more harwood to do :D

passion89

HSC
MushROOM HeaD said:
has your skool finished covering all tha topics to study for tha HSC and are doing revision?
Nope. After our trials, we're supposed to get right back into it and finish entire courses. None of my subjects except Mathematics are finished yet. :(

HSC
Well i guess it depends on what things have been happening at ur school during hte year how many event sthat have taken away from time in class, but i guess if ur learning rite up to the final day of this term its not gonna be too good

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
ENG - nearly finished - 4 more eps of frontline then we are
GEN MATHS - only one more chpt out of 13
BIO - last 3 syllabus sections on communication
LEGAL - about 3/4 of workplace to go
MODERN - about 5/6 of Arab-Israeli to go

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
English Advanced - Will be finish final modules in 2 weeks.
General Maths - I believe we are either a chapter or two from finishing...
Software Design and Development - Option topic left.
Information Technology - Finish competencies for Cert II.
Modern History - Finished, except maybe spend this week finishing off Indochina.

I was expecting to be in this situation as due to all the interruptions we have throughout the year sometimes it just isn't possible to stick to schedules, but what I do know is we shall be finished by September. :)

bambii

HSC
Maths ext is the only one well n truely done we finished last term n have been revising since everything else... lots 2 do lol though english is almost there... eng ext... i feel like we havent even properly started things...hopeless teacher

MushROOM HeaD

HSC
jeez well it seems tha my skool isn't tha only one then ... with tha trials our skool only focused on tha topics we learn't .. das a disadvantage considering tha HSC is on all topics ...

thanks for da replies

:) MUSHROOM

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Many schools wouldn't have finished the course in general. At my school, the only subject we've covered is advanced english. We're on the last topic or two for maths and finishing off the module topic in sciences.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Theoretically, we've finished everything considering we were tested on everything in our trial exams.

However, whether we completed each module satisfactorily (in particular Module C of Adv English, and Option Topic TPS in IPT) is a different story.

We have an assessment task after trial exams too which is stupid coz its on the day after trials finish.... :mad1: hopefully we do get enough revision time in though... it should all work out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)