Water Project (1 Viewer)

hcl

Ive gotta do a project on monitoring/management of sydney's water and i was wondering...

1. what are the key features of a catchment??

2. Are there any other sources of contaminaion for the water supply other that soil/silt, and fallen tree branches???

3, and where might i find info on the sydney water scare of 1998, to assess the effetiveness of methods used to purify and sanitize sydneys water supply

email: coke008@hotmail.com

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Try the Sydney Catchment Authority website.

F.I.F.I

hmmm im doing that assessment as well i got told to contact sydney water and ask all the possible questions u want hope thats a help

Aerials

your member for ulladulla
HSC
There are four main things you can do (to the extent of my knowledge):

1. Contact Sydney Water and tell them about your project. They would be more than happy to help, just try to be nice ;)

2. Contact the EPA or visit their website on http://www.epa.nsw.gov.au/ and see what information you can get from them.

3. www.environment.gov.au/ try this website... it has useful information about environmental issues. It is highly probable that you will find something there.

4. Go to your public library or the city library and check the microfilms for past newspapers about water-management and water-related articles. You'll be amazed how much useless junk you find, but you will also pick up key facts about when certain things were done etc.

I hope that helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)