Water Qualitiy (1 Viewer)

Tofuu

HSC
Okay, i have an assessment about testing the water quality of a creek, i have to test for the usual stuff, but the thing is i have to devise my own equipment to replace laboratory stuff.

How would i go about measuring the (i) total suspended solids and (ii) TDS?

nb: the creek water sample i have looks fairly clear

fullonoob

fail engrish? unpossible!
HSC
TSS: Secchi disk(just use object) is lowered into the water until it can no longer be seen; the depth is then recorded as a measure of the transparency of the water (inversely related to turbidity). But since your water is clear, you'd need some long ass tube so im not really sure. or you could probably guess it from the ratio of transparency vs depth

Tofuu

HSC
TSS: Secchi disk(just use object) is lowered into the water until it can no longer be seen; the depth is then recorded as a measure of the transparency of the water (inversely related to turbidity). But since your water is clear, you'd need some long ass tube so im not really sure. or you could probably guess it from the ratio of transparency vs depth
i wanted to do that but the place where i got my water, its flowing :(

Kamal15

HSC
You could take a sample of the water and use a turbidity tube. I'm not sure if you've used one before but its basically a tube with three black lines at the bottom. U keep adding water until you can no longer see the black lines. You read the level of the water on the side to give the turbidity reading.

Good luck in your assignment!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)