Moderator application form (1 Viewer)

scaryshark09

HSC
bos makes money through ad revenue so maybe they get paid, but i doubt it since what would they even get paid to do? like it seems they just log on whenever they feel like. some mods aren't even active most of the time, so would they still be paid?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
seems suspicious...
why would someone donate hundreds/thousands of hours to help people they don't even know
“Passionate” would be a more accurate word. Moderators are passionate about extending their contributions beyond those of regular users. Of course, you do not necessarily need to become a moderator. Contributions from regular users are just as valued. :)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
seems suspicious...
why would someone donate hundreds/thousands of hours to help people they don't even know
This is not exactly unusual... in the real world there are always people who volunteer their free time to help the community. They are driven purely by a desire to help others and make a difference to people's lives, rather than anything superficial or monetary.

In the context of this website, think of all the past students who have shared their comprehensive notes online for free that they spent hundreds of hours on and/or those who have spent time repeatedly helping out in the HSC forums. This site has been purely volunteer driven and community-centric for the past 20+ years. Thus, it is important that any prospective moderators have personal values that are well aligned to what the site stands for.

lolcti

HSC
N/A
shit I fucked up so much, you guys im still more important than a mod to you guys right please reassure me because I messed up. THANKS KINDNESS ALWAYS APPRECIATED.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)