Weekend cars. (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
For all you weekend warriors or those who enthusiastically wish their circumstances would allow them to be weekend warriors, post pics up regarding all those weekend cars which you wished you could have, or wish you could get a chance to have a go at.

Also, discuss about them and share your experiences with them.

I shall start. First of all I have not had a chance to have a go at any cars I would classify as weekend cars (despite having a makeshift drift car off road :p). Here are some pics of some classics which you'd probably only drive at the track, which I would want to have a go at:

:haha:

Someone else continue :p

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Mmmm, practical four door AWD car as a daily driver and small, convertible RWD as weekend car does make the most sense haha.
Tbh, I was more gearing for the more performance kind, because I know heaps of people with MX5's at the moment as an everyday car.

AWD everyday any day :p

Not sure how it jumped (probably just because they went through the turn too quickly), but it explains why its preferable everyday (there's so many pics of WRX's jumping off road or on road on google images lol).

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
A piece of MR:

If I'm lucky, I may get the chance to drive an MR vehicle later in the year. Can't wait.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Caterham 620R would be right up there on my list!!!

one day, it will be mine... :)

when they are out of fashion and peak oil has taken its toll, probably... :(

Or, I'll just get one of those shitty kit cars that still do the jerb... :haha:

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Great choice with the Caterham.

Jay Leno Tank car is in a similar league, but 3 times heavier haha.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
25.jpg

75.jpg

Only if i had 100000

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Soooo goooooood.

Scratch practical but yeah the Liberty is a daily although I've mostly been commuting in the Swift these days since street parking is difficult get where I'm going.
I know what you mean. Liberty's are really huge nowadays (bigger than the models from the late 90's and early 00's).

Tbh, driving a Liberty is a pain to park (its hard to see the blindspots on the front and back too, unless you have the wagon).

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I know what you mean. Liberty's are really huge nowadays (bigger than the models from the late 90's and early 00's).

Tbh, driving a Liberty is a pain to park (its hard to see the blindspots on the front and back too, unless you have the wagon).
Yeah, something only Liberty owners will understand. The blind spots are massive and I have practically zero rearward visibility. The turning circle on my tb STI is immense as well, much worse than my old 2.5i. For those tradeoffs, you get a cramped interior for it's size and a boot that isn't huge. Still love it to bits though.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, something only Liberty owners will understand. The blind spots are massive and I have practically zero rearward visibility. The turning circle on my tb STI is immense as well, much worse than my old 2.5i. For those tradeoffs, you get a cramped interior for it's size and a boot that isn't huge. Still love it to bits though.
The 5th gens have huge boot space for a sedan and heaps of leg room (its so comfy in the 2.5i premiums).

The turning circle is an issue for Liberty's, Tribeca's and Outback's mainly (due to size and front engined). All the rest in the Subie range have a decent turning circle but not as good as small cars haha.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
It's a shame I hate the way the 5th gen looks.
The front looks like a scary person smiling, and the back just looks odd (that rear bumper is massive).

But from the side it looks like something that can unleash a lot of power and smash the crap out of your typical V8's (although maybe wouldn't) haha.

Go for a T-rex lol (but the new gens look ugly or like as if they have rebadged an evo...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)