Wetherill Park P's Test (1 Viewer)

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I'm taking the P's test next week, any final tips from people who have passed recently? :D

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
I took it at wetherill! Passed on my first go :)
My tip is hire an instructor for 2-3hrs. Mine went though the 3 diff routes they could test you on. Can say that that defs help in familiarising the tricky turns and hard to see signs

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
top tip: drop a massive skid! they love the skids
Nah mate that only works in Victoria. Instant fail to the point of embarrassment where the marker gets out of the car, drives you back to the RMS and shows you how to really drift properly along the way ;).

williamdaft

HSC
read all the rules, and practice them..

5 seconds before leaving kerb
blind spot checking all the time, merging lanes, parking, exaggerate a bit with your head
drive around 3-5km under speed limit
drive at a constant pace... i got deducted for accelerating/decelerating too abrupt
indicate left exiting a roundabout ( large roundabouts, it's dangerous for small roundabouts though)
always have both your hands on the steering wheel
make frequent observation checks (rear mirror, etc.)
stop COMPLETELY before the line in a stop sign
yellow light = slow down steadily and stop in most cases
relax and breathe

good luck :)

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
read all the rules, and practice them..

5 seconds before leaving kerb
blind spot checking all the time, merging lanes, parking, exaggerate a bit with your head
drive around 3-5km under speed limit
drive at a constant pace... i got deducted for accelerating/decelerating too abrupt
indicate left exiting a roundabout ( large roundabouts, it's dangerous for small roundabouts though)
always have both your hands on the steering wheel
make frequent observation checks (rear mirror, etc.)
stop COMPLETELY before the line in a stop sign
yellow light = slow down steadily and stop in most cases
relax and breathe

good luck :)
Thanks, this is a big help

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
^Even if your going straight?
That's dangerous unless you indicate afterwards when you have passed the cars to your left and just about to exit. Only do this on large roundabouts that are single laned. ALWAYS do it for double laned roundabouts. I did not indicate once going straight in a roundabout in my test and lost no marks for that because they were small roundabout (10m radius).

ambidextrous

HSC
That's dangerous unless you indicate afterwards when you have passed the cars to your left and just about to exit. Only do this on large roundabouts that are single laned. ALWAYS do it for double laned roundabouts. I did not indicate once going straight in a roundabout in my test and lost no marks for that because they were small roundabout (10m radius).
See that's what I thought! It's pretty stupid to indicate if your going straight, but I i'll just indicate as soon as i'm about to leave just to be safe.

expertdkx

B.IT Network Security
HSC
Uni Grad
I did this Driving test 2x, first time fail due to a lil dodgy hill, there this traffic light down at Whetherill St and Horsley Drive, where u can "Left Turn on red After Stopping" I was legit pro at that area, on that test i failed, cause theres a retard big ass truck next to me and im like, I can go....didnt see anything moves up a lil, and bam u failed.

did it the 2nd time all went smooth, just try to relax and drive within the speed limits. "Indicators" are most important.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I did this Driving test 2x, first time fail due to a lil dodgy hill, there this traffic light down at Whetherill St and Horsley Drive, where u can "Left Turn on red After Stopping" I was legit pro at that area, on that test i failed, cause theres a retard big ass truck next to me and im like, I can go....didnt see anything moves up a lil, and bam u failed.

did it the 2nd time all went smooth, just try to relax and drive within the speed limits. "Indicators" are most important.
looking over your shoulder is the most important. it comes under making regular checks or something

not to brag, but i passed first time :p

congratz. Drive safely :)

aravindb81

HSC
N/A
I took it at wetherill! Passed on my first go :)
My tip is hire an instructor for 2-3hrs. Mine went though the 3 diff routes they could test you on. Can say that that defs help in familiarising the tricky turns and hard to see signs
can you plz let me know the driving school name?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)