What are your general thoughts? (1 Viewer)

nicknack01

HSC
I thought it was pretty easy :)

Section 1 was quite good tho i wish we could have got more time for art! 1 hour 30 minutes is not enuf!

Section 2 was great - I did question 8 (about artworks revealing information about culture) - what did everyone else choose?

What are you hoping your raw marks to be?
Im thinking about a 45 / 50 for me :D

jess.z

HSC
boo, i thought section 1 was too hard and boring compared to other years...

ellirene

HSC
..lets just say i can't be more happy to be currently reading a book on chinese history..

OTHER WISE I WOULD HAVE BEEN SCREWED FOR THAT QUESTION!

muzzoid

HSC
I saw one of Ah Xians busts at an art gallery so that really helped, plus we talked about similar stuff in class.

What you had to talk about was how it uses modern casting techniques with traditional chinese techniques. As well as talk about how he commissioned other decorators to do the painting (in the citation).

How many noticed it said to talk about plates 5 and 8, and doesnt say anything about the other 2 plates :p.

ryn101

HSC
Was alright. Section one lost my interest though :bomb:

muzzoid said:
How many noticed it said to talk about plates 5 and 8, and doesnt say anything about the other 2 plates :p.
And i believe it said discuss plates 5 TO 8 ;]

Last edited:

ozbear

HSC
muzzoid said:
I

Sorry mate it said talk about plates 5 to 8. U stuffed that one up oh well shit happens.
READ THE QUESTION & READ IT AGAIN.

Exam was good did question 8 in section 2 about culture ans social issues.

Good Luck with life

theoblank

HSC
Ummm... wel acutally I think i did really really really well!:)
Like, the best in the state!
I mean, if i don't get 50/50 i'll be so disappointed!
hehe, but it doesn't matter, my mum is like the head marker!
AND, Just in case, I answered 5 essay questions.
How many pages did everyone write for each section??
For question one, i did about 24, but i could have written more,
i'm just that knowledgeable! hehehe lol:santa:
and then for the essays, i did four booklets.
is that enough? :wave:
hehe.
good luck me,
top of the state!

nathansvollmer

HSC
theoblank said:
hehe.
good luck me,
top of the state!
Personally i think your full of crap, there is no way you could of done that much in the alotted time. Also its quality not quantity that matters not to mention your not going to get more marks because of the amount of essays you wrote they will only mark the first one the others will be ignored so heres for you being the bottom of the state...
Personally i prefered part 2 over part 1
im not expecting to get higher then 30/50 though i was sick been sick for the past week, ohh well you can only do your best.

muzzoid

HSC
I meant, i still talked about the other plates, im just saying thr main focus was on those ones :). i didnt stuff up.

maninventedmeh

HSC
theoblank said:
hehe.
good luck me,
top of the state!
Haha, one word per line!

I think the test was straight forward. THere wasn;t anything obscure and it didn't try to weed out the kids who don't bathe themselves in art, it just wanted to see if you knew your shit. Personnaly, I think I did well- but it isn't up to me.

peace

anarekrap

HSC
nathansvollmer said:
Personally i think your full of crap, there is no way you could of done that much in the alotted time. Also its quality not quantity that matters not to mention your not going to get more marks because of the amount of essays you wrote they will only mark the first one the others will be ignored so heres for you being the bottom of the state...
im not expecting to get higher then 30/50 though i was sick been sick for the past week, ohh well you can only do your best.
CLEARLY IT WAS A JOKE! wth.....

bobbyz

HSC
theoblank said:
hehe.
good luck me,
top of the state!
load of shit... anywayz i think it was ok... not the best art exam to date but oh well... umm im expecting maybe a 35/50 or less...

i also did question 8 for the extended and i got 5 pages....

MonsterCookie

HSC
nathansvollmer said:
You do realise that he wasn't being serious don't you??? He was just mocking all the people who get on these forums and brag about how great they are and how well they've done, and how many pages they've written. He wasn't serious.

cc =)

HSC
MonsterCookie said:
You do realise that he wasn't being serious don't you??? He was just mocking all the people who get on these forums and brag about how great they are and how well they've done, and how many pages they've written. He wasn't serious.
LOLS

gg the dude who everyone thought was being serious about being so unbelievably 'talented' haha
i HATE those people who brag about how easy the exam was and how theyre gonna get MAX one mistake =/
so like lighten up people, cant take a joke ? i say well done mr lols

Hairey

HSC
cc =) said:
LOLS

gg the dude who everyone thought was being serious about being so unbelievably 'talented' haha
i HATE those people who brag about how easy the exam was and how theyre gonna get MAX one mistake =/
so like lighten up people, cant take a joke ? i say well done mr lols
im sorry but i cant help being physically, mentally and overall genetically superior to all of you :p

lol actually i must admit that im rather bitter about the guy that out-assholed me in the music forum. i thought i had that one sorted. if you're reading this, CURSE YOU DANIELCARTER!!

anyway fuck all that, im finished anyway w00t

ps. i did the last essay question

zaqwerty

HSC
Question 1 (a): Very easy, I think I came up with some (hopefully) unique ideas
Question 1 (b): meh. Maybe a 5 or 6 out of 8.
Question 1 (c): meh. Hopefully an 8 or above :S

Section II I did question 8. Fitted in quite well with the artists I'd studied. I just don't know whether I answered the question well enough.

Personally, I think this year's exam was quite average to what I've done since year 11. Nothing really stood out as hard or easy. Maybe it's my lack of preperation (I looked at a total of zero past papers) but do they usually ask for anything besides an essay for section II? They asked for a proposal in question 6...?

beanari

HSC
nicknack01 said:
I thought it was pretty easy :)

Section 1 was quite good tho i wish we could have got more time for art! 1 hour 30 minutes is not enuf!

Section 2 was great - I did question 8 (about artworks revealing information about culture) - what did everyone else choose?

What are you hoping your raw marks to be?
Im thinking about a 45 / 50 for me :D
what did you write about, i did q8 too. for me the exam was really bad- but everyone ive spoken to thought it was good. i wasnt really thinking in a good way ?! i dunno
i mentioned a few artists but just couldnt be satisfied with my response.
and similar for the section one-- dissatisfied.

HSC
that dude was pretty funny, made me really laugh out loud,, heh he he...
Its tru though, damn all those rich kids going to the smart schools who only study all the time!, but, i gues if u put in the work you'll reap the rewards. I've been studying all the time and i bet i wont beat some peeps which is so annoying. I go to a crappy school with hardly anny resources so i tried my best which is all you can do, bt it really dissables u and u really have to just motivate urself and ya capabilities, its hard to stand out of tens of thousands of people but i hope i go good..
Any of ya's trying out for SCA??
because all my art teachers think i am (mainly they want me to) but if we do that degree, I mean reallistically what jobs can you get?? I mean what are the chances of making money in it when really the only wealthy artists are dead?, i mean, i luv art but this degree sorta leaves you with no job opportunities besides the odd artist job (does this exist?), this is why i'm opting for a double degree, what do u's think about this degree????

Beeno

HSC
Haha. That dude was funny.

I knew it was a joke when he said his mom was head marker.

I thought the exam was easy. Maybe because our trials were FUCKING HARD even though I go to a crap disadvantaged school. GOSH our trials scared the shit out of me.

Estimated 45/50 at least...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)