What did you think of the chem paper? easy? hard? moderate? (1 Viewer)

jackandmilo

HSC
Hey so what does everyone think of the chem paper?

Did you find it hard or easy?

JoshyPutts07

HSC
I thought it was challenge, then again I find biology exams a challenge and seem to still rip high band sixes....

but yeh it was pretty hard

Romina

HSC
i found it pretty difficult, i could hardly answer most of those questions...the amount of bs i made up was amazing, i didn't know i had it in me!

i just hated how there was nothing on haber or pretty much all the things i actually studied with more detail, and how the whole paper was like only pH and stupid calcuations!! grrr

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Romina said:
i found it pretty difficult, i could hardly answer most of those questions...the amount of bs i made up was amazing, i didn't know i had it in me!

i just hated how there was nothing on haber or pretty much all the things i actually studied with more detail, and how the whole paper was like only pH and stupid calcuations!! grrr
I noticed in each year there will always be a 7-marker and two completely random calculation questions.
Some girls at a school ran to their teacher for comfort after they did the exam after finding it very difficult.

mrubcic

HSC
Romina said:

COMPLETELY AGREE im soo disappointed with the exam, chem was a subject i actuali enjoyed and studied my ass off for...sigh....i'l be happy if i get in the 60s...whereas i was getting in da 70s and 80s at school....even the trial exam was easier!!! and yes wat was with the numerous ph questions?!! and calculations?!!! i dont think i got one damn calaculation right!!! its like they left out 3/4 of what we actually learnt in chem......evrything i studied for wasnt in it.....:bomb: argh

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
mrubcic said:
COMPLETELY AGREE im soo disappointed with the exam, chem was a subject i actuali enjoyed and studied my ass off for...sigh....i'l be happy if i get in the 60s...whereas i was getting in da 70s and 80s at school....even the trial exam was easier!!! and yes wat was with the numerous ph questions?!! and calculations?!!! i dont think i got one damn calaculation right!!! its like they left out 3/4 of what we actually learnt in chem......evrything i studied for wasnt in it.....:bomb: argh
Maybe I should be just as disappointed with numerous mistakes.

mzduxx2006

HSC
it was without a doubt THE MOST FUKIN HARDEST EXAM FOR CHEMISTRY I HAVE EVER SITTEN...IF if pass i shall be EXTREMELY thankful...im so dissapointed primarily because i studyied my ASS OFF FOR THIS SUBJECT now im wallowing in my self misery :(

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
it was without a doubt THE MOST FUKIN HARDEST EXAM FOR CHEMISTRY I HAVE EVER SITTEN...IF if pass i shall be EXTREMELY thankful...im so dissapointed primarily because i studyied my ASS OFF FOR THIS SUBJECT now im wallowing in my self misery :(
Bad marks due to sheer difficulty of exam or due to many silly mistakes ?
The latter happened to me.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
mzduxx2006 said:
Don't worry, I am in the same boat.

jebemti

HSC
lol if it makes u guys feel any better

i started off liking chemistry and i enjoyd studying it but i was restricted bec my teacher was the worst teacher of chem

anyways throughout the year i managed to survive on my own and i was ranked 1st for a while until the trails turned up

trials contained alot of calculations and thats exactly where i needed help from an external source ie my teacher but should would always be like errrr do u do 2 unit maths then u should od this and never teach me

so i lost my 1st place ranking and basically for this test i left out all the calculation questions and one from the industrial chem bit i left out the equilibrium modelling and also the 2nd part of the sovay question (bec i ran out of time)
so here is 1 person you will beat lol im hoping for above 50

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
I think the multiple choice was pretty hard.

jah_lu

HSC
N/A
i thought it was a very hard test
all the past hsc ones i did i finsihed with like an hr spare
but this one i only just finished (2 minutes to go)
i thought it was harder than most of the past ones (except 06)
but my chem teacher and lots of my friends said it was very easy so dont know maybe i just screwed up

simonelye

Simone.
HSC
I thought it sucked.
I studied heaps.
But it wasnt much content based.
more skills/caluclations.
which i hate.
im hoping for 60%.
anything better is a bonus.
so much for 5th assessmnet rank.
i stuffed the exam =[
oh well.
its overr
=] lol

JoshyPutts07

HSC
The sad thing is, all of us are on here discussing how hard it is and then all these freaks with no lives are coming along and pointing out all our mistakes haha....i think so far i'm down to about 10 out of 15 for the multiple choice just by viewing these threads

it's quite depressing wouldn't you agree?

thinking I might steer clear of the BOS threads for my next few exams.....I don't really wanna know how bad i've done :p

dwatt

HSC
I thought it was OK. Not too bad. Some questions were down right stupid (as in obvious eg. the solvay process in industrial chem). But on the other hand, some were quite difficult. (esp. the calculations...they were a challenge.)

Most of my mistakes in hind sight have come from stupid little mistakes that will screw me round. Ah well, can't do anything about now!

It was quite an odd paper, to be honest. Quite new. Deviated in content from the others, and gave ppm a flogging! (glad i revised it the night before!)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
i have to thank my chemistry teacher for literally being the worst chemistry teacher in the state..........................................

a quarter through year 12 im like... wtf?? and so she forced me to do all those hours of self-study (like freakn 20 sleepness nights just for freakn chem)
So in a way... its pretty good that i had a bad chemistry teacher... :S
weird......

Calculation questions in this test were weird. but i liked them. challenging.:)

jah_lu

HSC
N/A
lol i use to have a teacher who was just "library period" every lesson
beca
use the internet was "a wealth of knowledge"
but its a good thing i had him because it made me realise i had to go to other people's classes to learn anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)