What do i do if i didn't make my first preference?!! (1 Viewer)

akim93

HSC
I think i got my 5th preference ..and i don't really like it
What happens if i accept this one...will my 1st preference course be still considered??
can i change my course if i get an offer in the feb and final round??
plz help!!

debts

HSC
N/A
you can accept this offer and be considered for early february and late rounds.

Without Wings

Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
UAC said:
Can I receive more than one offer?
You could receive an offer in more than one round. If you do, you can choose which offer to accept. If you receive an offer in one round and accept it, and then receive an offer in a later round, you can choose either to:

- keep your previous offer and not accept your new offer or
- withdraw from your previous offer and accept your new offer.
You can only receive one offer to a Commonwealth-supported course in each offer round. Not all institutions make offers in the October, November, December and Early January Rounds.

The majority of offers are made in the Main Round. Institutions only make offers in the Early February and Final rounds if there are vacancies.
UAC said:
Should I accept my offer? I might receive another offer in the next round.
If you receive an offer in one round, don't assume that you will receive another offer in a subsequent round. If you don't accept your offer and you don't receive an offer in a subsequent round, you may miss out on tertiary study in 2010.

Accepting an offer does not stop you from being considered in subsequent offer rounds unless it is your first preference. You must accept your offer by the date indicated in your offer material otherwise you may lose your offer.
Offers - UAC undergraduate FAQs

Andi0390

HSC
Yes, your first preferences will still be considered. You can also change your preference order before the next round.

Check out the cut-off lists, the courses with vacancies have a (V) next to them. If your higher preferences don't have vacancies, chances are you will not get an offer. So choose your preferences well and make sure whatever your back up is that you can live with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)