what do I do?? (1 Viewer)

humptydumpty5

HSC
N/A
hi people real quick just wanted to ask for advice. So I have been having a problem where I can't seem to interpret a question an image etc correctly. Like I would think it would be stating or referring to something but it would turn out to be that my answer is completely wrong. I don't know if that sounds confusing but does anyone get what I mean how can I fix this problem???

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
You need to ensure that you are thinking according to the relevant module within the syllabus, including relevant ideas/issues/themes raised within each module. Going through the syllabus document for the level of English that you are taking constitutes a good start to shifting your focus towards aligning your ideas with those of the relevant module. This will likely assist with correctly understanding the requirements/content of a particular question/stimulus and should be followed by sufficient practice, i.e. attempting as many questions and utilising stimulus material where you feel this issue applies as much as possible, allowing you to enhance your way of thinking and establish clear links with the relevant module(s) more easily and effectively. Finally, to ensure that you are benefiting from this approach, you should seek feedback from your teacher each time you attempt/complete questions that you feel are problematic or questions that are based on stimuli that you feel are problematic and implement any suggestions they provide so as to ensure gradual improvement.

I hope this helps! :D

uniqueusername1

HSC
hi people real quick just wanted to ask for advice. So I have been having a problem where I can't seem to interpret a question an image etc correctly. Like I would think it would be stating or referring to something but it would turn out to be that my answer is completely wrong. I don't know if that sounds confusing but does anyone get what I mean how can I fix this problem???
There is no wrong or right my friend. There is only bullshit.

However, I still get this nightmare where I hear my eng teacher cackling there is no right or wrong iT iS yOuR iNteRpRetAtIoN aS loNg As YoU bAcK iT uP wItH eViDeNcE

This is the exact same words she said before prelims. So I listened to it. I disagreed the question, felt like a savage, a god. After all, I did back it up pretty well with evidence.

After a week or two my friend tells me some teacher made fun of a response that disagreed with the question. He said it was wrong. My, my I was praying it wasn't me but, it was. Solid, solid band 1.

Moral of the story: There is a right and wrong....sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)