What do u hate about the BOS? (1 Viewer)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR11
You have finished school.
You should be concentrating on the future and all the fun times you had at school, not acting bitter and twisted toward the Board of Studies.
ahh look at that youthful innocence.

the BoS will break you.

within a year you'll be a hardened cynic just like the rest of us.

SgtSlick

go back to class yr 11 u fool...and btw, SS u are full of insightful comments - Im impressed

:spam:

Amuka

hang on, so you condone racism?
They tell us murder, theft and drugs are wrong too, do you think that is a bad thing?
Do i hate racism? YES

Do the BoS, myself or anyone else have a right to impose that value on others? NO

Yes it is a bad thing that they tell us murder, theft and drugs are a bad thing. The only ones that have any rights to impose their views on anyone else is parents, who are central to society, as much as left wingers would try to denigrate their role and it is argueable whether their is a natural rebellion agianst parents in humans during teenage years (or whether it is simply trendy atm).

While you are absolutely convinced that various things are completely evil it might be wise to remember that 150 years ago people were convinced things like women and non-whites having equal rights were completely evil. It is independant thought, which pushing agendas in schools harms, that drives our society foward, not sheep accepting societies norms.

All I am saying is get over your conspiracy theories.
You've done the HSC.
After you receive your results you will have nothing to do with the Board of Studies ever again, so stop dwelling on things you can't change.
You have finished school.
You should be concentrating on the future and all the fun times you had at school, not acting bitter and twisted toward the Board of Studies
Even by dissemination of views through a forum such as this we have an infinitely better chance of changing things then we would by staying quiet. If im ever in nazi germany then ill remember to not give u a call.....

*sorry for typos im very very sleep dreprived*

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Discussing is good, flaming is bad.

Try to keep the (largely unjustified) insults to a minimum. If you really have a need to express your superiority in some way, fight back with a logical argument.

(not addressed to anyone in particular)

SgtSlick

guys Laz is right, lets try to keep the arguments civil, if we have beef with the BOS lets say so, but lets say why, as Amuka has done...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Ok I give up (although I can see already that its a bad move)
I can't be bothered fighting u guys anymore, obviously the HSC has had deep pyschological effects on some of you, and unwittingly you have already taught me a valuable lesson. I am not going to let myself get caught up in HSC hysteria like some you people obviously have. I am going to be stronger- turn up to class, learn the content and do the exam. I know you bitter and twisted people will tell me that it's impossible, I can see that one coming a mile away, but nothing will get on top of me if I don't let it (oh I can hear the comebacks already 'nieve year 11 doesn't know what they're in for').
Stop taking your anger and bitterness out on me and anyone else who doesn't share your views toward the board of studies and otherwise, if you really need to have a bitch (and I can't see why you wouldn't rather be doing something else-i.e. PARTYING) go and find some other doormat and you can take your anger out on them.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Ok I give up (although I can see already that its a bad move)
I can't be bothered fighting u guys anymore, obviously the HSC has had deep pyschological effects on some of you, and unwittingly you have already taught me a valuable lesson. I am not going to let myself get caught up in HSC hysteria like some you people obviously have. I am going to be stronger- turn up to class, learn the content and do the exam. I know you bitter and twisted people will tell me that it's impossible, I can see that one coming a mile away, but nothing will get on top of me if I don't let it (oh I can hear the comebacks already 'nieve year 11 doesn't know what they're in for').
Stop taking your anger and bitterness out on me and anyone else who doesn't share your views toward the board of studies and otherwise, if you really need to have a bitch (and I can't see why you wouldn't rather be doing something else-i.e. PARTYING) go and find some other doormat and you can take your anger out on them.
Most people on this forum aren't bitter and twisted, and the HSC hasn't consumed us, not by a long mile! :p. I know exactly how you feel at the moment, because a year ago, I felt exactly the same way. You're determined to do everything right, blitz all your exams, study hard, etc. Maybe what people have been trying to put across to you on this forum is that this view of 'perfection' is impossible to achieve, that there will be times next year when you feel down, and stressed, and things don't go as planned. It's not a condemnation (well at least not the way I see it) but just a tap from reality. And of course, it's no cause for resignation-only an incentive to work harder and feel more positive about yourself. You SHOULD be enthusiastic and positive about next year!

As for naivete, the only thing which could ever be pinned as naive about your views is that you fail to notice that many of the flaming insults directed at you were perhaps just people joking around. Don't take us too seriously, and don't EVER call yourself a doormat. :D

Best of luck for next year.

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I never said I was aiming for perfection or even to 'blitz all of my exams'. My point was that I have learnt from some of you that I need to keep my feet on the ground and not lose touch with reality. Im not saying for a second that I am going to find the HSC easy or not stressful, Im sure I'll wanna throw things at the wall and such next year, but Im not going to let it affect my life and the way I live. Im not going to blame the board of studies for wanting to take control of my mind or whatever, I am big enough and ugly enough to make my own decisions, and personally find it very cynical to say that the HSC is a social engineering tool of the BOS.
As for the insults weisy, they were the least of my worries, they just further proved my case that some people have taken the HSC to the point where its beyond a joke.
Im the person they have found to take their insecurities and anxiousness about imminent marks out on, and as I have said many times, you can't change the past. Whats done is done. You will get the marks your response on the exam deserved, and if they don't satisfy you and what you want to do with your life.............there is ALWAYS a back door.

SgtSlick

Iand personally find it very cynical to say that the HSC is a social engineering tool of the BOS.
HAHAHA....and btw yr 11, we are out partying..infact every night now for the last week....

SgtSlick

yes its pretty strange, u dont know what to do with ureself, u feel like u should be studying, but then u remember u dont have any then u realise that becoz u just did the hsc, u had no job and now have no money to buy anything...rock and a hard place really... and Im booking in at schoolies tomorrow arvo for a week...mmm partying...

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
yeah, tell me about it. :p

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

too many formals...

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Whats done is done. You will get the marks your response on the exam deserved, and if they don't satisfy you and what you want to do with your life.............there is ALWAYS a back door.
so true.

it's been said so much it's become a cliche, it's a wonder so many people still don't realise how many ways there are to get to the place you want, if you have the willpower and the dedication.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Ahhh... this is the life...
:spam:

"Doormat sick of being treated like a woman." - The Chaser. (somebody mentioned a doormat in this thread...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)