what do you do if you have a clash? (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i have this clash in my timetable b/w two lectures (b/w chem 1901 and engg1800)...i've tried to fiddle around with the timetable as much as i can, but that clash never seems to go away- so what should i do? and wat r the options that ur usually given when u have a timetable clash? :eek:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
are they offered in both semesters? coz if it is, try switching one to next semester

ashwin

Creator
HSC
man, my friend went to get his timetable of the net, and it said that he couldnt coz there were "complications". he had a super clash! two of his subjects clashed EVERYWHERE he had them, and he couldnt change it. so they told him that he will prob have to drop one of them and choose something else.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by ashwin
man, my friend went to get his timetable of the net, and it said that he couldnt coz there were "complications". he had a super clash! two of his subjects clashed EVERYWHERE he had them, and he couldnt change it. so they told him that he will prob have to drop one of them and choose something else.
woah thats bad!! as for me it only clashes on one timeslot (wedensday 12-1pm)....so what options do they offer for ppl. who's timetable are clashing (besides "dropping the subject option" :D ).

s_kisses

HSC
ahhh freaking_out i have the same problem..i have a clash in one time slot and i CANT change it. the dude said i have to go see my faculty. the 2 subjects are compulsory in my course so i gotta do something bout it i just dont know what...so annoying

ashwin

Creator
HSC
hav u gone to the place where u change it yet? they may find u another timeslot, coz wot will normally happen, is that ALL ur timetable will change around, not only the stuff that is clashing.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by ashwin
hav u gone to the place where u change it yet? they may find u another timeslot, coz wot will normally happen, is that ALL ur timetable will change around, not only the stuff that is clashing.
nope i haven't gone anywhere, coz i don't know where to go!
i don't think that they can change it around, i've tried with the internet timetable thingy, and every single timetable that i can get always has that clash on!!

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Lol, freaking out, there are 5 ppl with that exact clash, and 3 of them (Including me) are on this board. Lol

I think there's an 1800 lecture at 1 till 2 on the same day, but someone was telling me that lecture was "Civil specific" or something. I need to fix up the clash tomorrow. If worst comes to worst, I change to the non-advanced course.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
u mean we might b forced to change to non-advanced chemistry? :eek:
Yeah. It's crap, I know.

Or we miss 1 lecture a week, and hope to god someone else we know is doing the course with PERFECT notes.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Ok, even better idea. You go to Engineering, I go to chem, then we swap each week.

And we bring tape recorders, and discuss the lecture over lunch from 1 till 2.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Yeah. It's crap, I know.

Or we miss 1 lecture a week, and hope to god someone else we know is doing the course with PERFECT notes.
actually, i have an idea- we can both alternate lectures maybe, and then we trade notes wif each other....and oh yeah, i've got one of those voice recorders as well- so what do ya think?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Ok, even better idea. You go to Engineering, I go to chem, then we swap each week.

And we bring tape recorders, and discuss the lecture over lunch from 1 till 2.
hahah, u read my mind! :D

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
hahah, u read my mind! :D
Well it might work.

If we meet up tomorrow at the engineering library tour, we can discuss it. Then we've got to go and get our timetables fixed, and put that idea to ppl fixing our timetables, see if they think it's a good idea or not.

It's a bit dicey, especially notewise.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Well it might work.

If we meet up tomorrow at the engineering library tour, we can discuss it. Then we've got to go and get our timetables fixed, and put that idea to ppl fixing our timetables, see if they think it's a good idea or not.

It's a bit dicey, especially notewise.
yeah...but it might just as good as being in the lecture itself, i mean each of us can record, and copy down anything that the lecture writes on the board and stuff...btw, doesn't the uni's themselves tape lectures and leave them in the library?

yeah, i'll try to get to the engineering library tour, otherwise i'll c u in the engineering faculty welcome (tell me where u will b sitting). :D

Annababanana

HSC
N/A
Just wondering if it still possible to change your timetable after O-week - Ie in the first week of lectures?

Thanks
Anna

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Annababanana
Just wondering if it still possible to change your timetable after O-week - Ie in the first week of lectures?

Thanks
Anna
yeah, u can change it all the way until census date (28th of march for this semester). :)

Collin

HSC
N/A
This may portray me as a rudimentary moron, but how can you tell if you have a clash?

On my timetable, I have these trivial things which are like:

BIOL1001
Weeks 10-13
BIOL1001
Weeks 1-9

in the same slot, that wouldn't be a clash would it? I don't understand why they would need to designate weeks 1-9 and 10-13 as separate, for it doesn't seem necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)