What do you do with all your papers? (1 Viewer)

vicrost

HSC
I was just clearing up my shelf and desk and seeing the big pile of papers, worksheets, etc that I don't need anymore made me wonder if anyone else does anything different other than just throwing them in the bin. Not gonna lie, Knowing that all those papers will be in the trash is making me feel a bit guilty. 😅

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It is definitely normal to feel that getting rid of a large number of papers and worksheets may not be the right thing to do and that you might be better off doing something perhaps more beneficial with this material. Things that you could potentially do instead of getting rid of them include:
  • Keeping them - Out of respect and appreciation for the efforts that I have put in throughout year 12, I decided to keep all the material (such as notes, exam papers and other documents) that I had gathered in year 11 but more importantly year 12. I also did the same with my first-year commercial law compulsory core subject. Sometimes I come across them (especially my law notes) and feel happy because of what I was able to achieve, so there is this emotional and nostalgic factor that you may wish to consider. Another purpose of keeping them would be to provide assistance to anyone that is close to you whom you feel may need them. For example, my little sister is starting year 11 soon and I intend to help her to the best of my abilities with her HSC journey, which includes providing any notes and other material that she may find beneficial as she progresses through Stage 6.
  • Selling them - This is a common option. Several students (both in high school and at university) typically sell material that is no longer of use to them. It is a good way to make some money while also providing relevant material to other students who might find it useful. You can sell your resources privately and/or post a thread in the Buy/Sell forum, which would assist you in doing so.
I hope this helps! :D

MJRey

HSC
You can always give them to friends or family who will go through the HSC in future and do the same subjects as you. That's what I'm thinking of doing with all my notes and textbooks etc.

vicrost

HSC
It is definitely normal to feel that getting rid of a large number of papers and worksheets may not be the right thing to do and that you might be better off doing something perhaps more beneficial with this material. Things that you could potentially do instead of getting rid of them include:
  • Keeping them - Out of respect and appreciation for the efforts that I have put in throughout year 12, I decided to keep all the material (such as notes, exam papers and other documents) that I had gathered in year 11 but more importantly year 12. I also did the same with my first-year commercial law compulsory core subject. Sometimes I come across them (especially my law notes) and feel happy because of what I was able to achieve, so there is this emotional and nostalgic factor that you may wish to consider. Another purpose of keeping them would be to provide assistance to anyone that is close to you whom you feel may need them. For example, my little sister is starting year 11 soon and I intend to help her to the best of my abilities with her HSC journey, which includes providing any notes and other material that she may find beneficial as she progresses through Stage 6.
  • Selling them - This is a common option. Several students (both in high school and at university) typically sell material that is no longer of use to them. It is a good way to make some money while also providing relevant material to other students who might find it useful. You can sell your resources privately and/or post a thread in the Buy/Sell forum, which would assist you in doing so.
I hope this helps! :D
Thnx for the suggestions. I already separated some notes and past papers that would be useful for my younger brother in Grade 12. And although I have a decent pile of worksheets, pretty much all my notes are digital and I'm definitely looking to share those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)