What do you think I will get for my creative writing? (1 Viewer)

Psychoanalytic

HSC
My prepared creative did not suit the question at all -.- I originally wrote about the brother of an autistic boy about how his brother's illness affects his own sense of belonging because people treat him as if his brother's illness had "rubbed" on him too.
In the HSC, I had to make it up on the spot and I think it's the most corny, cliche thing ever, but I knew it was better to make it up on the spot and suit the question than to write an irrelevant creative.
It's in the form of a letter from a girl who recently moved to Australia to her cousin back in Poland. She is looking at photographs of herself being happy in Poland as she writes it and realizes she belongs back in Poland and not in Australia. So basically, sounds like another one of Peter Skrzynecki's poems mixed with the "Brooklyn" text :/
I'm hoping it won't be less than 10/15 :(
What do you think I would get for that?

engie_benji

HSC
I think the question was quite generic when it said you can also refer to the stimuli. Which had both people and place. So, i think you could have gone with your prepared response and added things about a few places, e.g. at school the kids treated you different, and when home was the only time you wernt alienated by outsiders. You know what i mean? But you could stil get good marks for that, it all comes down to how you said the story, with techniques, similes, metaphors, personification and creative imagery. if you said the story well you could well get higher than 10

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
The question explicitly stated that you had to incorporate remembered places as a fundamental part of your story. The stimulus is just stimulus, an inspiration to help you write, not a criteria.

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad
But tbh ruse isn't exactly well known for being good at english =P

TheExpert

HSC
N/A
While the reader doesn't need to know all the details about your main characters, it's important that you do. The better you know your character, the more realistic your story will be. Thanks.

yours

HSC
Well you definitely address 'remembered places', and if the marker has read a lot of responses that ignore this, your story should actually be what they want to read. Don't sell yourself short just yet! Be glad that you answered the question properly!

theone111

HSC
N/A
My prepared creative did not suit the question at all -.- I originally wrote about the brother of an autistic boy about how his brother's illness affects his own sense of belonging because people treat him as if his brother's illness had "rubbed" on him too.
In the HSC, I had to make it up on the spot and I think it's the most corny, cliche thing ever, but I knew it was better to make it up on the spot and suit the question than to write an irrelevant creative.
It's in the form of a letter from a girl who recently moved to Australia to her cousin back in Poland. She is looking at photographs of herself being happy in Poland as she writes it and realizes she belongs back in Poland and not in Australia. So basically, sounds like another one of Peter Skrzynecki's poems mixed with the "Brooklyn" text :/
I'm hoping it won't be less than 10/15 :(
What do you think I would get for that?
dw

u made a good decision thinking one up on the spot

they appreciate it more

+ i think the creative writing b6 cut off will be significantly lower this year

heaps of people made their stories on connections to people rather than place and either:

1. did the same as u
2. regurgitated it anyway and later reealised "shit what was the stimulus again?"

u will get ur 10

smartalec

HSC
I would agree but the creative is unoriginal - sounds like a cross between skrzynecki and the fourth stimulus we got about eilias. haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)