What factors led to the First World War? (1 Viewer)

jackfrost

HSC
What would be a good thesis statement for this.
And the three key points discussed are, militarism, imperialism and nationalism.
Do i include them in the topic sentence, or define the terms, to introduce key ideas.

O

Omed62

so bro, what you can do is, if you want to get a straight band six is to at the start of your paragraph start with a topic sentence on each of the them and then briefly discuss it.
Make sure the you back up anything you say and link it back to the question. x3 for each of the key terms militarism, imperialism and nationalism. . finally give your conclusion by restating your main theses but in a different way and link back to your question.

Hope that helps you lol, I completely understand you. good luck.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm a little confused, I thought factors were typically asked in the prelim topic as "World Beginning at the 20th century", factors aren't on the syllabus points for yr 12 yeah?

In any case, in Modern it'd be rare for you to be asked a straight question like that in essay form, normally it'd be a describe question or something of that nature. If it were for an essay, it'd be something like "Assess the importance of different factors on the outbreak of WW1" or something.

jackfrost

HSC
I'm a little confused, I thought factors were typically asked in the prelim topic as "World Beginning at the 20th century", factors aren't on the syllabus points for yr 12 yeah?

In any case, in Modern it'd be rare for you to be asked a straight question like that in essay form, normally it'd be a describe question or something of that nature. If it were for an essay, it'd be something like "Assess the importance of different factors on the outbreak of WW1" or something.
hahaha and how does that help me? gosh, you bos reg try hards /le sigh.

enoilgam

HSC
What would be a good thesis statement for this.
And the three key points discussed are, militarism, imperialism and nationalism.
Do i include them in the topic sentence, or define the terms, to introduce key ideas.
For this essay, this is how I would lay it out:

Intro: My thesis would be "Militarism, imperialism and nationalism were the three defining factors which initiated the first world war".
Para 1: Discuss how militarism led to war.
Para 2: Discuss how imperialism led to war.
Para 3: Discuss how nationalism led to war.

Kittikhun

HSC
hahaha and how does that help me? gosh, you bos reg try hards /le sigh.
I think she is just trying to say to you to read over your year 11 notes again to get some more info on this for your essay. But, oh well, at least she was trying to help you, dude. It's the thought that counts; the whole world, just are they thoughts. Anyway...

I would structure it exactly as 'Omed62' and 'enoilgam' suggested, but I would also define the respective terms briefly in the second sentence of the paragraphs. So, I would structure it as follows:

Topic sentence on militarism. Define militarism briefly in one sentence. Discuss. Conclude paragraph with summary sentence of paragraph.

jackfrost

HSC
I think she is just trying to say to you to read over your year 11 notes again to get some more info on this for your essay. But, oh well, at least she was trying to help you, dude. It's the thought that counts; the whole world, just are they thoughts. Anyway...

I would structure it exactly as 'Omed62' and 'enoilgam' suggested, but I would also define the respective terms briefly in the second sentence of the paragraphs. So, I would structure it as follows:

Topic sentence on militarism. Define militarism briefly in one sentence. Discuss. Conclude paragraph with summary sentence of paragraph.

?

jackfrost

HSC
For this essay, this is how I would lay it out:

Intro: My thesis would be "Militarism, imperialism and nationalism were the three defining factors which initiated the first world war".
Para 1: Discuss how militarism led to war.
Para 2: Discuss how imperialism led to war.
Para 3: Discuss how nationalism led to war.
thnx helped a lot ;]

Hypem

HSC
Are you in prelim or HSC? You don't need to know about this for the HSC...

Kittikhun

HSC
Just some Buddhist thing on how everything we experience is nothing more than a thought, and since it's a thought it will pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)