What grades for a 90+ ATAR (1 Viewer)

Doukasa

HSC
Hey everyone :)

I was just wondering, what grades should I aim for in year 12 to get a 90+ ATAR. I sometimes hear about people getting band fives and maybe one band 6 and getting that 90+. I’m in a top hundred school and ranging between 80%-95% (although I hav’nt got my English back ahaha) and doing the following subjects:
English advanced
Legal studies
Business studies
Music 2
Music Ext
Math Adv
Math Ext

I guess I just need a concrete goal to aim for in the short term but it’sa bit hard with scaling and everything. Anyway, if anyone has an idea of what kind of grades to aim for that’d be amazing.

Yakult1

HSC
Its honestly hard to tell because there is more than one mark (hsc exam) that goes into calculating an ATAR. For your courses though id reckon that sustaining band 5's and a few band 6's throughout the hsc year would be more than enough for a 90 ATAR. Take this with a grain of salt though, As I havent looked at the raw data from past years enough to make a solid judgement.

You can also chuck your estimated marks into an atar calculator and just fiddle around to see what is around the average you should aim for in order to get a 90+.

Good Luck!

Doukasa

HSC
Its honestly hard to tell because there is more than one mark (hsc exam) that goes into calculating an ATAR. For your courses though id reckon that sustaining band 5's and a few band 6's throughout the hsc year would be more than enough for a 90 ATAR. Take this with a grain of salt though, As I havent looked at the raw data from past years enough to make a solid judgement.

You can also chuck your estimated marks into an atar calculator and just fiddle around to see what is around the average you should aim for in order to get a 90+.

Good Luck!
Yeah ok, I guess I’ll just make my goal to get some band 6s up my sleeve.

thanks @Yakult1

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
To get a good idea of what you can expect you can do a couple of things:

Look at how many people from your school get an ATAR above 90 per year - if you're comfortably within the range you have a good chance

Look at a website called HSC raw marks info, check what raw mark = hsc mark for your subjects. Your goal should be to exceed that in your trials to have a good chance + do well in other tests but trials are closest to the real HSC.

Overall it is not that important to try work this stuff out right now and you should just work as hard as you can, you'll learn more about how the HSC works in the upcoming terms from people at your school and reading/watching stuff online. If you do really well and work hard - you will get a good atar.

Doukasa

HSC
To get a good idea of what you can expect you can do a couple of things:

Look at how many people from your school get an ATAR above 90 per year - if you're comfortably within the range you have a good chance

Look at a website called HSC raw marks info, check what raw mark = hsc mark for your subjects. Your goal should be to exceed that in your trials to have a good chance + do well in other tests but trials are closest to the real HSC.

Overall it is not that important to try work this stuff out right now and you should just work as hard as you can, you'll learn more about how the HSC works in the upcoming terms from people at your school and reading/watching stuff online. If you do really well and work hard - you will get a good atar.
Great, thanks so much 🤗

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)