what happens if i dont hand in an essay worth 15% (1 Viewer)

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC

fuck. im to scared to write in the discussion board.

Legham

HSC
You lose 15% of the final assessment marks.. that'd be my guess.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
you get 0%
id rather you hand a half written essay in and get some marks, then not totally do it and get zilch

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
haha yeah that would be the obvious outcome. yeah true, i dont think i can even give half worth of work done.
would i fail the unit if i dont give in the assignment?

fai69

HSC
Ive never seen someone who actually thought of not doing an assignment.In the end every mark counts and if you fail then you're going to be kicking yourself hard for why you didnt do the essay which might have scraped you over.But if you choose not to do it then you must be pretty confident with the other assignments and exams.

L

LaraB

No one can tell you unless you say what unit it is...

Some units you have to complete ALL assessments to pass the unit

If you don't need to pass all units, still, not doing it would be stupid - it's worth 15%... so that leaves you with an absolute possible total of 85%...

Say something goes wrong and you fail one of the other assessments, or you get sick and can't do the exam, you'll liekly fail the unit..

Just do the assignment... if you have reasons for being unable to do it properly, apply for special consideration - it is NEVER better to just not do the assignment...

L

LaraB

morganforrest said:
Basically you can get a maximum of 85%..although as other people have said if its a certain subject (english i think is one of them) you get a non completion of the course which means, if it is english, you don't get given an hsc. Just scribble something down and hand it in. At least then they'll give you your hsc at the end of the year.
This is a uni board - it would therefore be safe to assume they're talking about uni not HSC, especailly since their profile thing says they've already done their hsc...

GreenLeaf

consultant
HSC
N/A
You might get an absent fail?
But if you were sick or had a reasonable excuse, hand in a misadventure form, and ask for an extension. Or if you really had a misadventure, some units let you add the weighting of that essay to the final exam (if they thought it wasnt fair to give you an extention). For e.g, instead of your exam being 50% it will be out of 65%. That would mean your passing mark for the final would be 32.5/65

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)