What happens if u didn't write about community in your creative!! (1 Viewer)

Krypton

HSC
Hey!!

I didn't read the question properly and didn't talk about community. But my creative is about this girl's relationship with her grandpa etc.
So how badly is this going to be marked down considering I didn't address the community aspect of it?

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately, if you didn't have any character that found their place in a community of any kind you will be marked down quite significantly. In trials i got 8/15 because i misread the question and didn't use the stimulus as a central element in my piece

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
That can be viewed as familial community?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Unfortunately, if you didn't have any character that found their place in a community of any kind you will be marked down quite significantly. In trials i got 8/15 because i misread the question and didn't use the stimulus as a central element in my piece
If I get 8/15 for hsc creative with my terrible adaptation, I'll be over the moon

Krypton

HSC
I didn't use the stimulus in my trial but got 13/15.. oh well.. would just have to make up for it in tmrow's paper

theoc

HSC
that's rough buddy but maybe they'll read into it and assume you're synecdochically talking about relationships with the elderly in society and it'll all be chill :cool:

Simile

HSC
N/A
Hey, I just wanted to know if my story was remotely appropriate for the question

So it was about a guy who was obsessed with his work, and does not have time for his family, and stuff . He takes a break, and goes to the hill (like a place they used to visit together as a family). He gets flashbacks and stuff, and he learns his place with his place with his family and travelling with his family. He goes back, and gaining a new sense of belonging with strengthened relationships.

I used the second quote

So yeah, any idea if I answered the community aspect?

Thanks

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
how much would you get if you didn't incorporate stimulus lol, what would the max mark attainable be?

adendeleeuw

Fronds
HSC
I wrote some story about an african american man who goes to rural china to become an ESL teacher and feels welcomely surprised by the acceptance in the community in contrast to the discrimination he felt in St Pauls, Minnesota. I have no idea what I was thinking :/

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
All these amazing creative writing ideas, and I'm sitting here with one about a Halloween party...

photastic

HSC
I talked about playing in a concert at the Opera House. Would the community aspect be recognised when I talk about the audience and reflect the difference between the city and the rural area?

HSC
I didn't use the stimulus in my trial but got 13/15.. oh well.. would just have to make up for it in tmrow's paper
That's probably because your school marked nicely.

Normally if you dont answer the question consistently you immediately put yourself in the low C and high D range.

QZP

HSC
That's probably because your school marked nicely.

Normally if you dont answer the question consistently you immediately put yourself in the low C and high D range.
What mark is a C/D ?

HSC
Last years creative was something to do with an individual embracing or rejecting a sense of connection with others.

Look at the mark range, and people who didn't do this effectively land in between 4-9/15, depending on the marker however you would be in this range for sure if u didnt answer the question thoroughly or even at all

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.a...doc/2013-marking-guide-english-std-adv-p1.pdf

QZP

HSC
Welp I'm looking at a 7-9.

Verify

HSC
Oh man all these threads about community and identity and whatnot... making me feel very nervous because I skimmed over the community bit of the stimulus. However my original creative I regurgitated was about an Aboriginal person (Neville Bonner in fact) who when young was abused by white policemen in his neighbourhood (which I explicitly repeated throughout the piece) and he becomes a senator as an adult and addresses a bill which tackles this issue yet the senators laugh at him for being a black person in parliament.

... idk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)