what happens if you drop a unit (1 Viewer)

hungry

HSC
If you are required (I think) to do 4 units that semester, would you be allowed to drop one? How would it work? (assuming you can't change to another unit by that time).

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
Nothing would change. You would do 3 units instead of 4 and you'll be 1 unit behind for graduation.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Yes, you're allowed to drop subjects. You can do it via SydneyStudent, just go into the unit selections and click the bin icon.

While 4 units is a standard workload, to remain a full time student, you only have to do at least 3 units (18 credit points) a semester. Of course, if you want to graduate on time you would then have to take extra units in summer school, or overload in another semester.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Are you an international student? They have different rules due to visa conditions.

hungry

HSC
I'm tempted to drop psych1001, it's boring and I just regret picking it. No interest in it at all. But mainly I just want to try and make more time for study, most days I get up for uni at 6am and come home at 7pm, I spend basically all my time studying without any time for myself. Which I guess is typical of a uni student. But at the same time I don't want to extend the time is takes to finish my degree. I do think I can get at least a pass for psych but I just feel like it's wasting my time and I'm just bored of it. I don't think I will drop it though.

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
I'm tempted to drop psych1001, it's boring and I just regret picking it. No interest in it at all. But mainly I just want to try and make more time for study, most days I get up for uni at 6am and come home at 7pm, I spend basically all my time studying without any time for myself. Which I guess is typical of a uni student. But at the same time I don't want to extend the time is takes to finish my degree. I do think I can get at least a pass for psych but I just feel like it's wasting my time and I'm just bored of it. I don't think I will drop it though.
Just like what OzKo said in the other thread regarding skipping lectures. The likelihood of actually realizing the extra study time is going to be low. Instead of actual extra study time you might spend a bit more time doing everything else. I think its still before the Census Date so you could drop it and overload in another semester with a subject that you do like (I can vouch for overloading = better grades personally). Another choice is summer school but then that's a lot of money (4k vs 790~?). Its your 1st sem, dw and just do it. A pass isn't gonna be detrimental as long you pull your marks back up in S2 and 2016.

Ask yourself whether you'll actually get extra time for studying or would it be wasted? If you're gonna get extra time to study, would you be okay with either overloading later on or go to summer school? Plenty of choices. I dropped all my subjects in S1 2014 and regretted it (I thought I was leaving USYD). Now I'm overloading every semester to catch up to graduate on time/honours on time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)