What happens if you're sick on the day of a HSC exam but still sit the exam? (1 Viewer)

5SOS

HSC
I'm definitely not feeling well and I have a fever. I'm not gonna waste my time waiting hours at the doctors to get a medical certificate when I can use that time to study. I'm really pushing my body to study. All I know is that I would have to get a form from the presiding officer but what would happen next?

Aysce

HSC
I (think) that this form would have to be signed by your principal and also another officer, in order to be approved for a misadventure. You'll also need a doctor's certificate specifically saying that you cannot perform in the HSC due to your condition.

EDIT: Here's the link:

http://studentsonline.bos.nsw.edu.au/go/myhsc/faq/

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
You can also see the doctor straight after the exam, as long as he/she can still see that you are sick and can write a report for b.o.s. to say that.

If you don't see the doctor at all, your appeal is pretty much screwed, unless you manage to vomit on the supervisor's shoes.

Last edited:

Rawf

HSC
Ahh.. dw man. I've caught a cold too and I pulled a muscle in my neck.
I can barely even tilt or turn my head to look down at a book -____- usually it goes away after a day but ive had this for like 3 days now. Hopefully it goes away by chem lol

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely illness form, but if you want just inform the supervisor you feel sick at the start of the exam, and say you will be going to the doctor immediately afterwards so you can get the certificate.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Question: I have legal and phys tomorrow and might need to put in illness/misadventure again. I know that I need a doctors cert for the day of the exam, but I've got exams from 9am till 5pm, so there's not really any way to get one. wut do.

RishBonjour

HSC
Question: I have legal and phys tomorrow and might need to put in illness/misadventure again. I know that I need a doctors cert for the day of the exam, but I've got exams from 9am till 5pm, so there's not really any way to get one. wut do.
get it today?
Also, if you are mildly sick it would probably be better to the physics exam. I think they give people an estimate or something with misadventure form.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
I think they give people an estimate or something with misadventure form.
If the appeal is upheld, you are awarded either the actual exam mark or the assessment mark, whichever is higher.

waynecolquitt

HSC
If I were in your position, I would just suck it up. It may be hard to get a makeup test day. If you have been through the hell of taking the class, it is not worth the risk of not being able to take the test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)