What happens when you write in pencil? (1 Viewer)

eat_well

HSC
I wrote in HB pencil for 3 of my exams and didn't get the chance to trace over it in pen as well as my school always stressing that diagrams must be in pencil. Would the scanner be able to detect it or would it not show up at all?
I'm worried that I would get 0 for all those questions.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It won't matter; don't worry about it.

Aysce

HSC
No, it really shouldn't be any trouble. If they give you 0 then that would just be sad.

p3rf3ction

HSC
It actually won't detect it, better hope they dont just scan them.

eat_well

HSC
It actually won't detect it, better hope they dont just scan them.
Seriously?!? Oh gosh..is there anything I can do? Like asking the supervisors to trace over it in pen or something? :S

p3rf3ction

HSC
Aysce, like i said before, change your picture. And its not trolling. There's a reason that they say dont do it in pencil and black and blue pens ONLY. You better hope that it doesnt smudge out and that they read it in touch not on the screen.

enoilgam

HSC
There are usually mechanisms in place to ensure that that papers are marked properly - they are prepared to handle common errors like this.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Aysce, like i said before, change your picture. And its not trolling. There's a reason that they say dont do it in pencil and black and blue pens ONLY. You better hope that it doesnt smudge out and that they read it in touch not on the screen.
We're told to do diagrams in pencil for science.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If it doesn't scan the marker will report back that they can't read it and it will be looked at manually. I was talking to a marker who has done the online marking and when she got a script that hadn't scanned properly that is what she had to do and it was taken from there.

ClassicFine

HSC
I did the same but only for multiple choice, I'm assuming you wrote in pencil the whole exam.
Just to be sure will the machines that mark MC be able to detect it, if not will it least be picked up by markers and marked?

Rawf

HSC
I did the same but only for multiple choice, I'm assuming you wrote in pencil the whole exam.
Just to be sure will the machines that mark MC be able to detect it, if not will it least be picked up by markers and marked?
It says you're doing your HSC in 2014? are you even allowed to accelerate a subject 2 years early?

ClassicFine

HSC
It says you're doing your HSC in 2014? are you even allowed to accelerate a subject 2 years early?
Nah I am in year 12 doing all my ten units this year didn't notice that probably because I rushed the signup. Anyway any thoughts on my problem.

Rawf

HSC
Nah I am in year 12 doing all my ten units this year didn't notice that probably because I rushed the signup. Anyway any thoughts on my problem.
Yeah my supervisor said if you do it in pencil and the machine spits it out, a marker will manually mark it for you.

waynecolquitt

HSC
I think if you write in pencil it brings your answers into question as a marker could erase what you have written and write something else instead.With pen it is much harder to change any answers without anyone being able to see it has been changed.

I can't imagine anyone would try and change your answers but if the papers were ever investigated then it would be hard to prove that nothing had been changed if written in pencil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)