what if i truant too much? (1 Viewer)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
i was just wondering
is there this kind of "attendance requirements" to go to year 12 or to complete HSC?

last two weeks because of the accelerated maths trial, i stayed home without no-one knowing..

and my software design teacher told me im in danger :(

is it just them threatening? or is it true?

AiMz

HSC
I have no idea.....i didn't even know that you have to go somewhere to complete yr 12....maybe your teacher was just being a sacastic person ^___^ hehe

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
you wish :p

or is it just the teacher trying to increase my attendance rate by threatening me..

some other students who thinks they know everything said "you're putting yourself in danger" :(

very stereotypic.. anyone with xperience?

Morgues

you cant be away more then 15% of the time.........if you are and some head teacher wants to be a bastard it is within his rights to give you a N award for a subject..........if your doing 10 units, a N award basically means if you want a UAI you have to repeat

Morgues

I think legally you have to be in school more then 15% of the time.......(unless you have a good reason) but i doubt they would be so unfair but if they start to notice your consistently away they might
who knows.....but we have always been told not be away >15% without a good reason

[Li]

Originally posted by rusti
i think you have to complete so many hours of a course to complete it.
Yeah that's right. Our teacher gave us a document that outlines the course requirements. I'm sure theres a certain amount of hours that must be completed in order for a student to fulfill course requirements. It'ls like how this guy last year had to repreat because he skipped too many days of school

do0d

unless uve got a ton of job experience
itll look really bad having 50days of on your report
why jig for anyway?
ull get to do it for the next 4 years at uni anyway and noone will give a s***

Sanchez#1

I don't think they really enforce that # of required hours rule. It's probably just a guideline for some schools that have shorter periods than others (in terms of time that is).

But even if you truant too much the school should give you ample warning about it. I doubt one day the head teacher is going to walk up to you and say "You have to repeat".

Lee

generally it's 200 hours or something. look on your yr 11 sheet which te;llls you oyur grades, i think it is there. just make sure you spread out your time so it isn't noticeable. or go to school for the first half then leave sencond half without signing out. :)

T

timbk2

i dont think its the number of hours in the course, if you have to do 200 hours.... then even if you missed one day of school, you'd fail to meet that requirement.

i remember last year, one of the head teachers told us at the start that we cant be away for a certain number of days.
i agree with Morgues when he says that u cant be away for more than 15% of the time. Im not sure if this is the actual figure, but its something like that. i think its less, cause when you think of it.... 15% would mean like 6 weeks of school, thats too much. 3-4 weeks is more like it. And yeh.... if you do miss out this amount of days, you will be given an N award and you wont get your UAI. They have the right to do it, and i dont think it comes down to how they are feeling at the time, i think after they send you a couple of warning letters before you reach that limit, and you continue, you will fail.

SkAnDi

HSC
I'm rather afraid of getting an N award actually;

My situation has been periodic taking of wednesday's off. I don't think i've been in close to 2 terms...

Wedensday = sport = 3 hrs = not worth travelling an hour and a half for work i can just catch up on.

Well i haven't got a warning yet, thus far the school has only been "Cracking" down on you, if you have unexplained absences...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeh we have that too. every wednesday we;ve got sport so no one gives a shit cos its a half day...
but since im really lazy, i have something like 40 or 45 free's a fortnight, so like e.g every second monday i don't half to turn up to school till 2:30, so i usually don't go, and wednesdays i only have to be there for less than 1 anda half hours, fridays i can leave at 11....so basically i think im a part time student pretty much.

its good for me cos i can sleep in and leave school early to sleep. or watch tv.

umm i think at our school we have to be there at least 80% of the time, i dunno how strict they are though. cos that means you can only have 10 days off a term, and so far ive taken at least 10 so i think i should stop.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
I'm rather afraid of getting an N award actually;

My situation has been periodic taking of wednesday's off. I don't think i've been in close to 2 terms...

Wedensday = sport = 3 hrs = not worth travelling an hour and a half for work i can just catch up on.

Well i haven't got a warning yet, thus far the school has only been "Cracking" down on you, if you have unexplained absences...
haha i also take periodic wednesdays off, but i stopped.
2 period legal studies -> too easy and im gonna drop
1 period chemistry -> easily taken care of
2 period software d -> im too experienced and easy crap
2 period english -> i hate the teacher and standard english is too basic

anyways i dont think you have to worry about attendance in sport :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
our school enforces a 90% attendance or theres the threat of the N award

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah thats wat that deputy principal said last yr

and no, will, the spiderman isnt moving.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)