What is it that we dont know????? (1 Viewer)

Benno

HSC
ok ive been hearing that advanced students get taught/told stuff that gets them the better results what is it?
what do they get taught they standard students dont?

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
The following message may offend some people. Please skip it, or else you will be in the risk of flaming me wasting your time.

They get taught that, smart people will always pick advanced, and stupid and non-ambitious (ahem, me discluded) people will always pick standard. This makes them more competitive. As for the standard's poor performance.. they are just poor. I mean, why would you choose standard and expect to do good?

No I'm not doing advanced :).

^___^
HSC
i didn't chose standard, i was told that i am in standard coz my head of english said i am not good enough to pick advance...

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Yeah the above situation happens too, and it probably happened to me. Me picking standard is like a sex while drunk, How the hell did I sleep with that old lady wtf...

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
hmm ok guys well i do advanced and i suppose the only thing i can think of is that our teacher in regard to our changing self set text told up to pick the more difficult poems because those in standard are more likely to pick the shorter less complex poems...

i dunno wat else our teacher has taught us that will get us better results... but u also have 2 remeber that an average advanced student will always do better then an average standard student- its just the way the hsc is FUCKED UP!

Benno

HSC
well in paper one advance students always do much better that standard, rember we do the same paper, so there has to be somthing!

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
well.. isn't it quite obvious? most people who don't want to do English will be definitely picking Standard or just can't be bothered to pick any (exclude those genius.. oops.. wait.. geniuses or genui? see that's the problem of standard :p that has been told to do Advanced or uppppppp) okay.. let's start again, from: "bothered to pick any..." so why do you expect any good results at all in Standard? And it follows that if Standard'ers are crap, Advanced'ers must be good!

Originally posted by underthesun
The following message may offend some people. Please skip it, or else you will be in the risk of flaming me wasting your time.

They get taught that, smart people will always pick advanced, and stupid and non-ambitious (ahem, me discluded) people will always pick standard. This makes them more competitive. As for the standard's poor performance.. they are just poor. I mean, why would you choose standard and expect to do good?

No I'm not doing advanced :).
Can't agree more with ya :p lol.. and that means that I'm dumb --> I was convinced by the English head.. (oops.. head... I don't mean it :p) teacher that I'll be better off be doing Standard after a year in Advanced in year 11 :( I came second @ the end (just the exam.. i did really crap @ the beginning of the year so overall i still came last :() and guess what? I'm regretting now... it hurts me even more when she told me the other day that they "think it's right for me to drop down to Standard and you've made the right choice" (I don't want to say this.. but excuse me --- STUFF THAT).. oh well, someone told me before when a similar subject to this was brought up: "what's done is done"

What can I say?

Lemme b***s*** (<-- another evidence of a Standard standard) for a while longer, you know what? let's work our bums off and kick Advanced's bum :) (you know what I mean.. nothing offensive.. it's just.. a cliche :) a friendly one) someone out there, pleeeeeease, get a band 6 (mind you, I'm still b***s***ing, well, of course I want to see that happen)... my band 6 dream just became a patch of melted butter, dropped from 3rd to 23rd this year.. beat that :(

It's painful to hear this but that's the truth: "what is it that we don't know?" -- "we don't know we are dumb" (only in terms of English, really mean no offence.. remember? I'm just b***s***ing..)

Last edited:

Benno

HSC
yes that is true, all the people who are doing year 12 and who dont give a shit and get marks like 1/20 in there essay, its not to hard to get 10/20 if u just right shit into the exams.

dun worry im sure ill get a band 6 (yeah right) but there is somthing extra they get taught how to do, its in their sylabus if memory serves me right its on context......

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
well i do advanced, and whilst i havent been told what exactly it is we know that gets us better marks, i have been told that we are taught something you aren't (i dont know if that made sense or not). all i can presume is:
1) the quality of the candidature is a lot better in advanced than standard (sorry guys)
2) advanced tends to be more competitive
3) in the outcomes, theres *something* for advanced only, maybe it has something to do with that?
4) maybe the way we write essays (the format of them) is better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)