What is meant by text two (prose fiction) by landscapes? (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I think i got this wrong, and further more, I did this for question f. The "cave" to me was a place of mystery that arouses curiousity rather than what the composer thought to be one "in the mountains"

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I guess there are many ways to interpret the prose fiction. Remember that there is no right answer in english. You can pretty much say anything, just make sure you back it up with evidence from the text.

berra

HSC
uhm... im getting confused....
for text 2, i sed it was a monologue and creates a personal voice n allows readers to fell as though they embark on the physical journey aswell.. etc etc...
n bout the landscape ( as far as i rememba it asked bout the significance of describing the landscape or sumthing) - i sed it enhances the thoughts of the writer, creates imagery, the tone whilst describing portrays her perceptions and ideas as she is 'shocked'...

wat do u guys think????
i'm starting 2 get worried now :'(

meteorangela

HSC
^IT was a monologue ?! Oh crap. now i didn't see that. sigh, i knew i was bad at english . just as well i didn't do text 2 for the last bit !

geegables

HSC
For that question i wrote that the significance of the landscape was that it disagreed with her initial assumptions about where she was travelling, thus demonstrating the facet that journeys are unexpected

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i wrote along the same lines as geegables... that was a bloody stupid text, i couldn't even be bothered reading the whole thing, skipped straight to the question.

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
I actually did section 1 last and skiped this question, finally got back to it and wrote 4 lines until the Biatch said "pens down" I was like SHIT!

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
Oh well it was only worth 3 marks, nothing if you ate the essays

HSC
berra said:
uhm... im getting confused....
for text 2, i sed it was a monologue and creates a personal voice n allows readers to fell as though they embark on the physical journey aswell.. etc etc...
n bout the landscape ( as far as i rememba it asked bout the significance of describing the landscape or sumthing) - i sed it enhances the thoughts of the writer, creates imagery, the tone whilst describing portrays her perceptions and ideas as she is 'shocked'...

wat do u guys think????
i'm starting 2 get worried now :'(
Yeah I didnt say it was a monologue but I said basically the same things - personal tone allows the reader to experience the journey with them etc.

I don't think they're going to mark you down for saying it was/wasn't a monologue they're more looking for the ideas and techniques that you discuss.

Bushrat

HSC
I said it was significant because it reflected the character of that Sheridan guy....hmmn. Now I am worried....a friend of mine said she put that it was a metaphor for white settlement in Australia. :confused:

berra

HSC
Bushrat said:
I said it was significant because it reflected the character of that Sheridan guy....hmmn. Now I am worried....a friend of mine said she put that it was a metaphor for white settlement in Australia. :confused:

daaammmnn girl.... wat was ur friend thinking???
but i reckon ur suggestion is good, but u must have backed it up with sum quotes/techniques 2 get d full marks

dvsangel

HSC
Bushrat said:
I said it was significant because it reflected the character of that Sheridan guy
holy shite.. really? i thought i was the only weirdo who thought that was the significance of it... not that i'm saying you're a weirdo or anything... now it means i'm not a weirdo cos somebody else thought that too.. phew.

berra

HSC
dvsangel said:
holy shite.. really? i thought i was the only weirdo who thought that was the significance of it... not that i'm saying you're a weirdo or anything... now it means i'm not a weirdo cos somebody else thought that too.. phew.

fear not my friend... lol, i wrote sumthing along those lines 2

JayJay07

HSC
berra said:
fear not my friend... lol, i wrote sumthing along those lines 2
I thought it was a reflection on Sheridan too. The whole idea of the landscape being perfect for a hippie like Sheridan. It was a slightly unkept landscape with overgrazed paddocks, the rusted watertank, the flies etc but then he notices the hardwork sheridan had put in with all the new fenced plantings, and then through the idea of the cave, coming to realise that this was a home to Sheridan and it was cosy, warm, and homely place. I felt it was a description of the landscape that Sheridan called home, and how at first it was strange and slightly odd to the composer however he comes to learn that it is home to Sheridan by his interpretation of the landscape etc .... something along those lines.

f261120

HSC
yeah i think the way to go was to talk about the landscape as a part of Sheridan's life but you can't forget that journey was somehow in the question. In which case i talked about the ideas she held then the reality of the JOURNEY to the cave... Landscape... Sheridan... she discovers Sheridan more and yeah the cosy home thing is true... she sees he isnt THAT abstract.
Some BS along that line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)