What is required to get into pharmacy now? (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
yea...whole board.....every 04'er is gonna suffer
muahahahaha (sorry)
but that could b bad for us- coz lesser places means, that uni's get lesser money- and hence lesser resources- and hence it will affect us! :D

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
it will be lesser HECS places and an increase in FEE PAYING, so it shouldn't affect us by alot *knock on wood*.

and arn't the uni's getting more funding? i can't remember the new uni reforms but i swear i remember reading somethign about extra funding!!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by jlh
it will be lesser HECS places and an increase in FEE PAYING, so it shouldn't affect us by alot *knock on wood*.

and arn't the uni's getting more funding? i can't remember the new uni reforms but i swear i remember reading somethign about extra funding!!
no the uni's are not gettting extra funding- as evident by the fact that they are cutting the no. of hecs places in all courses!

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
wasn't there something about if you accept these reforms, you will gain extra funding... because of the less hecs places and increase in fee paying?

ah i can't remember!

santaslayer

HSC
yes there was jih , the lecturers all had to accept, and be put on certified agreements in the liberal governments bid to abolish and eliminate all AWARD agreements within the tertiary education sector( thus, eroding most of the labour programs that were put in place earlier . once these reforms are implemented, unis will be able to recieve extra funding.....something to that extent anyway

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
the pay is shit first year out because you have to become a regististed pharmacist, 2000 hours work and assignments, then u can run a pharmacy by yourself, hence a significant pay increase, depending on area to around packages of 100k.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Own A Pharmacy = $$$ goes up significantly

GPA of 3 is required (it says Credit Average 2.5, but so many people want to get in that you really need something higher)

If you check out last weeks edition of THe Daily Telegraph the have a special section specifically on Pharmacy. 4 Year Degree and Training of 2000hours.

Pay: $500-$1000 a week.

Employment Rate will be consistant at about 100%. easy to find a job as there is a lack of pharmacist (i have no idea whhy USYD would cut the placing from 150 to 100 if they need more pharmacist).

U can also do MedSc and transfer to pharmacy. MedSc (90-93) or Bsc.
As first year science subjects are relatively the same for all courses.

korry

HSC
N/A
yeah its so stupid that professions such as pharmacy and medicine are lacking in numbers but yet they go and cut uni places! whats the point in that?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
yes you need a whole lot more just to get started!

cost of shop, renovations, supplies, staff...

gonna take at least one year before you make your first real dollar!!

T

taketheredone

Originally posted by kimmeh
you need a shitload to start one up :eek:
No worry !
Because only registered pharmacists can own a shop, and pharmaceutical companies NEED you to sell their products.......therefore they are very willing to HELP YOU to set up a place!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)