What is the best plan for a new Iphone user? (1 Viewer)

lockedbox

HSC
A few days ago my dad got a pair of free Iphones from a company he worked for and gave me one. Its a 16 gig Iphone 3 running on IOS 5 and it currently has no simcard, so its just a glorified Ipod touch right now.

What I'd like to know is, what is the best plan for an Iphone user and why? I've only had one phone before and that was an ancient nokia brick which I only really used for emergencies and rendezvous, and that was on prepaid, so I'm not totally sure of how the nuts and bolts of phone plans work, so please be specific and explain what the best plans are and all of the pro's and cons associated with it.

I also have no job at the moment, and I don't use my phone as much as the average person (I'll probibly start using it more once I have this iphone going) so I really need something that is as cheap as possible, and I would like to avoid being "locked into" a plan. I would be able to cope with being "locked into" something for a year, but anymore than that would turn me off very quickly, so the more freedom the better.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
depends how much you use your phone... take a look at those cheap tpg plans, very good for the money they charge:

http://www.tpg.com.au/mobile/plans.php (take a look at the $17.99 plan) or if you need heaps of calls/text the cheapest infinite plan from vodafone is good (I used it for 6 months before entering a 24month contract for my iPhone 4S)

but tpg seems the best, monthly payment no lock-in contract (pretty sure)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
telstra is good because you can just pay for what you use and you get incredible internet speeds and the best coverage in the country

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)