What is the best site/book/app to use to smash year 12?? (1 Viewer)

claudiflower

HSC
Hi, Year 12!! I'm just wondering if any of you have any site or book or app recommendations for year 12 content? I'm about to start year 12 and I'd like to have one solid program that covers everything in my subjects so I don't have to switch too much. I've heard Edrolo as good but I'd love to hear what you're using. Best of luck in your exam preparations or, if you've graduated, lives at large. :)

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Whilst having one program or one book may seem easier to manage I think the best idea would be to expose yourself to a variety of resources so that you’re not limited to relying on one particular website or one particular textbook. Edrolo I think should be one of your main go to resources as it’s tailored for the NSW syllabuses for Stage 6 in a handful of subjects. My next suggestion is Khan Academy as although it’s been americanised for their syllabus in AP subjects or whatever they have there, it’s still a very good website and has helped me out greatly in the past. My last suggestion would just be YouTube - I find some people often don’t use YouTube that much for videos which is a shame because there’s so many good people on YouTube which you could watch to get help. For sciences on YT I’ve watched ‘Bozeman Science’ or something like that, he’s super good! Even for humanities subjects I’m sure there’s a variety of videos you could use for help. Lastly if all does not work, ask around for help, whether that would be with teachers or friends.

TamzidZ

HSC
There is no one magical book that covers it all cause if there was I'd be on my way to applying for MiT rn. Like Etho said mix and match your resources for varying levels of difficulty and so that you're exposed to a larger range of content. Using two or three textbooks eg Cambridge for learning and building a good foundation and then Terry lee for harder questions will set you up pretty well. But you still gotta get cracking on some past papers after learning the content and consolidating your knowledge.
Good luck for your HSC!

claudiflower

HSC
Whilst having one program or one book may seem easier to manage I think the best idea would be to expose yourself to a variety of resources so that you’re not limited to relying on one particular website or one particular textbook. Edrolo I think should be one of your main go to resources as it’s tailored for the NSW syllabuses for Stage 6 in a handful of subjects. My next suggestion is Khan Academy as although it’s been americanised for their syllabus in AP subjects or whatever they have there, it’s still a very good website and has helped me out greatly in the past. My last suggestion would just be YouTube - I find some people often don’t use YouTube that much for videos which is a shame because there’s so many good people on YouTube which you could watch to get help. For sciences on YT I’ve watched ‘Bozeman Science’ or something like that, he’s super good! Even for humanities subjects I’m sure there’s a variety of videos you could use for help. Lastly if all does not work, ask around for help, whether that would be with teachers or friends.
Thank you so much Etho you are always a wealth of knowledge :))

claudiflower

HSC
There is no one magical book that covers it all cause if there was I'd be on my way to applying for MiT rn. Like Etho said mix and match your resources for varying levels of difficulty and so that you're exposed to a larger range of content. Using two or three textbooks eg Cambridge for learning and building a good foundation and then Terry lee for harder questions will set you up pretty well. But you still gotta get cracking on some past papers after learning the content and consolidating your knowledge.
Good luck for your HSC!
Thank you so much for your insight :) I'll definitely use it to my advantage, I can find some textbooks to give only similar questions all the time so using multiple will be great :)

TryhardIndian

HSC
Youtube Channels to help you in Year 12:

Maths: Eddie Woo, Khan Academy
Physics: Professor Dave Explains
Chemistry: Organic Chemistry Tutor, Snap Revise
Biology: Fuse School - Global Education, Khan Academy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)