What jobs for com/law or Eco/law ? (1 Viewer)

oompaman

HSC
N/A
What fields or jobs do com/law or Eco/law students generally go into after graduation?

Thanks

Last edited:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
There's a plethora of opportunities given the scope of the course. For Comm/Law, I would say accounting, finance, consulting, marketing and law (be it big 6, NGO, legal aid etc). Eco/Law can extend to non-private entities like RBA and stuff.

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
I heard people only do the law component to gain leverage over those who don't
in jobs that have nothing to do with law itself

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I heard people only do the law component to gain leverage over those who don't
in jobs that have nothing to do with law itself
It's a way of distinguishing yourself apart from straight commerce kids. The tax division of the big 4 seem to like comm/law kids, also consulting and IB. There's diminishing marginal returns when it comes to high marks (HDish) between the two grads.

Last edited:

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
It's a way of distinguishing yourself apart from straight commerce kids. The tax division of the big 4 seem to like comm/law kids, also consulting and IB. There's diminishing marginal returns when it comes to high marks (HDish) between the two grads.
sorry, I am desensitized from economic jargon at the moment, does that mean for every additional mark that you obtain, the less value per extra mark you are to the company?

suica

HSC
I'm guessing he means that there's little difference between Comm/Law and Eco/Law grads if they've both achieved high marks, and other factors would probably come into play when they're trying to get employed as they have near equal standing.

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
I see, is com/law and eco/law the most superior in the fields that OP is interested in? Compared to other combined eco and com degrees. Assuming that other factors are not considered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)