What Math Papers are still relevant? (1 Viewer)

AKONS

HSC
Does anyone know what years of HSC and trial papers were made after the syllabus changes?

mmmm.

HSC
what does the new common scale mean for standard and advanced maths
My tutor told me that roughly 20% of questions will be the same for the exam, so that means 20% of the questions in the advanced will be the same questions in the standard test

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
I think that the common scale is mostly going to be used to compare the difficulty between adv and standard math. I think that in past years there was a problem with people choosing standard over advanced because it's easy to do well and when you do well scaling doesn't really matter. This kinda removes the incentive of doing advanced unless you're doing extension leading to smarter students choosing an easier subject despite being capable of advanced. This also discourages hard work as a smart student can choose general, do almost nothing and still do well + receive a good HSC mark. The common scale should give averages for the strengths or each cohort, e.g. adv math students' avg for common questions is 90% and gen math students' avg is 60%. This would show that adv math is significantly harder than general and scale adv significantly higher relative to general (although the numbers prob won't be as drastic as my example).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)