What Personality Did You Do? (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
As the title says.

And how did you find the question, in relation to who you did? I did Leni Riefenstahl (believe me I am sick of Germany, lol)... and the question fit like a glove. So good. :D

What did y'all think?

guywiththehair

HSC
J Edgar Hoover. Second part was easy, though our teacher told us not to focus so much on the issue over his [homo]sexuality... or his alleged cross-dressing. That takes the fun right out of that question doesn't it, hehe.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Zhu De. I didn't think that the second question suited him very well, as we hadn't really looked at historical assessments of him much. I just talked about how it seems that a communist propaganda machine has mythologised him (which was essentially lifted straight from what I said in our assessment task).

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Albert Speer, did we have to argue that history presented us with a balanced interpretation of the personality?

benx88

HSC
Albert Speer.. Both questions were excellent but especially the 1st one! Albert Speer was Hitler's architect.. Incase you were wondering!

benx88

HSC
lilsxcwog89 said:
Albert Speer, did we have to argue that history presented us with a balanced interpretation of the personality?
Yeh that was the 2nd question, but Albert Speer was very unbalanced in terms of a historian looking at him... He was brought up in a wealthy middle clas but then was HItlers 2nd man.. that doesnt balance out... - How can a well educated wealthy man end up designing concerntration camps and pretend to not know about it...

mmc754

HSC
Yeah Albert Speer to! I was stocked. Our assignment was like.. a time line on his life and we discussed all this stuff in class I was heaps happy

I agued that history had been to kinda to Albert Speer that history had embaraced "the good nazi" image and that it wasnt the case.

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
I said that history had presented us with a biased interpretation of him. The repecussions of his actions in relation to architecture and the Nazi war effort led to this biased interpretation.

kerfuffle

HSC
I did Leni Riefenstahl, too.
I didn't finish the second question. -_-"

sarzie89

HSC
Abert Speer. I thought the second question was a bit difficult. It kida led to the later period of his life. The earlier stuff did fit though... i thought it did anyway. i was among the minority who did in my group, lol. i started with it though. i think those questions will always be easy-ish. they have to be open to fit everyone.

curlywirly88

HSC
did anybody else do Sun Yat Sen??? He was alright. bit of a bore tho, cant believe il never have to think bout him again yipeeee!!

lisraeli

HSC
Speer. Both were PERFECT! Different interpretations? Good Nazi vs Bad Nazi? Knowledge of Holocaust? Liar vs Not Liar?

The whole question was based on historiography for me (ie, Shirer, Bullock, King all believed him whilst Schmidt and Van Der Vat believe hes a liar). I nailed that section I think, probably best part of the test

pennypacker

Walking on the moon
HSC
Did Mikahil Gorbachev. His life was pretty awesome for the question, so i was happy.

UzurOger

Almost Sexy Bastard
HSC
Yeah speer as well did ok more study on speer would of got me full marks but meh pretty straight forward

Hey israeli :wave: cya at the libary

purplepixie

HSC
Trotsky. Questions weren't too bad, though I had to think when it came to the second one.

Oh and he does look like the KFC guy!
Only hotter.

kiwiolly

HSC
Douglas MacArthur... some crazy american army general during ww1 and 2, very easy to relate to the questions :)

gracerawl88

HSC
Leni Geekenstahl.. i liked her at the start.. i love anyone who supported the Nazis lol coz they rock! but yeah, just got sick of pulling her film apart by the end. problem with q 2 tho was, were we only supposed to do the interpretation of her during the era or her whole life? i said both, because i dont think its fair shes judged for being pro-aryan when she photographed the african tribes and in olympia with jesse owens. but ah well. no more susan sontag!!! woo hoo!!

the hsc sucks

HSC
riefenstahl. i thought the questions were really good for her, but others would like to debate that my method will end up with lower marks. if you want to know what im talking about, see the "leni riefenstahl" forum. guys can be bitchy too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)