HSC
yeah you're basically right i think
they screw around with the marks a fair bit so you never really know
and the mark your teacher sends in will also be adjusted
its wack haha

i recon like 86/7 scales to band 6

himmy6996

HSC
it is hard to tell but judged on today id say 83 or below. Seriously if it was 87+ then hardly anyone would get a band 6... unless they mark incredibly easy... coz there is always shit u dont say - our teacher shreds SAs and essays.

UsurpingBean

HSC
87?

I remember Ancient History aligning from 83 to 90! Sure it was 2004 but ancient history is easy, physics which is harder than eco went from a 78 to a 90 I think but I'm not sure what year ultimately however although that can give a decent guideline I haven't been able to find any raw to aligned economics marks and each year it changes as per the difficulty of the test, this test wasn't that difficult so I would say a mark of around 83 will get a band 6

Also incase there was a question about internals etc. which I think I saw as I scrolled down; as per some BOS regional advisor lady, the person with the highest internal marks therefore ranked first receives the highest HSC external mark from their cohort as their internals and their own external mark for their external portion and those below are figured out by keeping ranks and % differences the same or something similar

So if one person got 100% in trials and was ranked 1st and someone down the road got 24% in their trials (all same subjects) but was also ranked 1st and the two cohorts performed exactly the same in their hsc and all % difference between the ranks were the same internally you'd get the same UAI...ha

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)