What should I do with my life? (1 Viewer)

quickoats

HSC
I honestly have no idea what I want to pursue in terms of a career/uni degree, and I'm feeling quite lost at the moment. I'm decent at my subjects at school and they're all sorta interesting but I don't envision them translating into employment, putting it really bluntly.

Any suggestions on what I should aspire towards or think about regarding university and what I should begin to preference on my UAC application?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
If you can’t really decide what you want to do maybe try to first narrow it down into a broad area. For example engineering, business, science etc. for instance there is so many types of engineering and science offered at unis. If you have that in mind then usually during your first semester in uni many people do similar subjects like I know people who were doing maths degree, science degree, computer science degree, civil engineering degree etc who all had to first year maths. Same thing in physics I was doing first year physics with electrical engineering people, civil engineering, computer science, chemical engineering. So early on in uni you don’t need to be a 100% certain on what you want to major in and do as a career path. You can choose that in like 2nd year. That will allow you to get some exposure to different areas and then you narrow down into a more specific part of that degree in a major when you have more experience

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I honestly have no idea what I want to pursue in terms of a career/uni degree, and I'm feeling quite lost at the moment. I'm decent at my subjects at school and they're all sorta interesting but I don't envision them translating into employment, putting it really bluntly.
What are they and which ones do you do better in (in terms of marks/reward to effort ratio)?

quickoats

HSC
What are they and which ones do you do better in (in terms of marks/reward to effort ratio)?
I do a really unorthodox mix (lots of humanities with standard English, 4U maths without any sciences). I guess I treat them equally in terms of studying, but I do find the harder subjects (Maths!) a lot more difficult.
My subjects/weighted marks/cumulative ranks are:
English (Standard) / 90% / 3/30
Maths Ext 1 / 90% / 10/101
Maths Ext 2 / 97% / 1/54
Economics / 88% / 2/54
Society and Culture / 93% / 1/11
Studies of Religion / 95% / 2/7

Would it be a bad idea to just do an Arts/Science degree and figure out what career path I want after getting a 'general' education at uni?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)