What subject to drop (1 Viewer)

lpodtouch

HSC
I've produced a similar thread however have gotten finalised marks, ranks, etc. however am unsure what subject to drop. I'm opting for either 11-12 units, as I am planning to pick up Mathematics Extension II.

School rank: ~300s :p

English Advanced: 1/98
English Extension: 1/24
Mathematics Advanced: 2/74
Mathematics Extension: 1/42
Economics: 1/34
Modern History: 1/50
Chemistry: 1/58

What ranks should I be aiming for in order to achieve a 97 ATAR? (given the school rank).

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Beastly ranks dude

Those ranks should suffice in getting a 97 + ATAR

You'll also have to do extremely well in externals on top of that

Other than that keep up the good work for next year :D

J280

HSC
I've produced a similar thread however have gotten finalised marks, ranks, etc. however am unsure what subject to drop. I'm opting for either 11-12 units, as I am planning to pick up Mathematics Extension II.

What ranks should I be aiming for in order to achieve a 97 ATAR? (given the school rank).

Since you're pretty much coming 1st in all your subjects, I'd recommend that you drop (in order):
1. The subject that you dislike the most (is there a class that you never look forward to attending?)
2. The subject that is the most time consuming (i.e. leeches time off your other subjects)
3. Scaling.

Congrats on those beastly ranks btw. :)

yoyo0904

HSC

WOW good on you! this is so impressive wish i could get marks like that :p remember it doesn't matter what school you go to, ranks like this will definitely get you a 97+ keep up the great work and i would suggest you to continue 13 units and maybe halfway through drop a subject that you dont prefer as much!

HSC
Drop to 10 units (including 4u math) because you can focus more time on a small number of subjects and in turn, attain higher marks.

Anything above 10 is futile for you because it won't be counted and that's just a waste of a whole years of work. Better focusing on 10 units and maximising marks.

Drop the subject which least interests you, since rank wise doesn't work here.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Why not stay on 12 units for a little bit?

Maybe look into historical data of previous cohorts performances in externals to have a vague idea of what to drop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)