What texts hv u studied? (1 Viewer)

VQ

HSC
Just wanna know, what texts hav u studied? I have learned the novel "Gracey" by James Maloney, some Peter Skrzynecki's poems, and now going in "Only The Heart"....How about, u, guys???

(Well, ppl mentioned about The China Coins, is it a required (prescribed) text or just a choice...I don't see any sign that we'll do that this year...)

Math4u/ESL/Indonesian Background Speakers/Phy/Chem
AIM for UAI: 98++

stella_hermawan

HSC
Well, i've got ya

ESL forum here is kinda boring... not many ppl active here. Better check the Standard forum. not kinda sure, they studied more texts than us :vcross: :vcross: :vcross: :vcross: :vcross:

Sirius Black

Maths is beautiful
HSC
VQ said:
Just wanna know, what texts hav u studied? I have learned the novel "Gracey" by James Maloney, some Peter Skrzynecki's poems, and now going in "Only The Heart"....How about, u, guys???

(Well, ppl mentioned about The China Coins, is it a required (prescribed) text or just a choice...I don't see any sign that we'll do that this year...)

Math4u/ESL/Indonesian Background Speakers/Phy/Chem
AIM for UAI: 98++
hmm, we have finished three texts in "Migrant Chronicle" - "Crossing the red sea" "Immigrant central station 1951"; "Migrant hostel"
I was recommended to pick "Crossing the red sea" & "Migrant Hostel" by my ESL teacher and personally i think they are good too:)
Also, we have done "China Coin" for AOS & Module B "English for Study" and doing "Cinema Paradiso"

Sirius Black

Maths is beautiful
HSC
stella_hermawan said:
ESL forum here is kinda boring... not many ppl active here. Better check the Standard forum. not kinda sure, they studied more texts than us :vcross: :vcross: :vcross: :vcross: :vcross:
that's true. In fact, many ppl in this comunity are doing ESL, but they don't really want to help each other out...:(

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Sirius Black said:
that's true. In fact, many ppl in this comunity are doing ESL, but they don't really want to help each other out...:(
I agree. I am sure there are a lot of you reading this forum but are unwilling to participate.

Please help each other out! It's one of the way you can ALL achieve better results!

Sirius Black

Maths is beautiful
HSC
Survivor39 said:
I agree. I am sure there are a lot of you reading this forum but are unwilling to participate.

Please help each other out! It's one of the way you can ALL achieve better results!
How can we suppose to do that?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Sirius Black said:
How can we suppose to do that?
Like take a more active role in participating in disussions...

VQ

HSC
Hey...don't u all feel that we r getting a lil bit off-topic????

evelynsuseno

Questionz!!

Heeyazzz!!

Seemz like it'z mo convenient here to ask questions..

I heard some people mentioned about China Coins and other texts that have been studied in Year 12 course. Does this means that you guys have studied more texts than us?

Umhh..one more...I'm quite confuse regarding on writing newspaper article... When writin it as to give suggestion to a particular group, does this means that we hav to use da pronoun "you"??
Thanks2

Sirius Black

Maths is beautiful
HSC
evelynsuseno said:
Heeyazzz!!
Umhh..one more...I'm quite confuse regarding on writing newspaper article... When writin it as to give suggestion to a particular group, does this means that we hav to use da pronoun "you"??
Thanks2
not necessarily. If u read a piece of newpaper, then you would find there are many differents types of texts in it. I presume that you are asking about feature articles, then check out the "text type structures" by Survivor 39 in this forum :p

kaito

HSC
emm..i hav done onli the heart, whose life is it anyway, and gonna do cinema paradiso...

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Yeah we're studying Peter Skrzynecki's poems at the moment too. I find them quite uninteresting to tell you the truth.

angela xing

i am new

are you doing the poem? i don't study it now.
does anyone study "china coin" or "educating rita"?

jarrypan

Mr.
HSC
you behave badly

stella_hermawan said:
don't say the words like that

sly fly

HSC
help!!!!!!!!is there anyone have some very good notes on CINEMA PARADISO?????

undefinedundefinedundefined
stella_hermawan said:

ahmi

HSC
Sirius Black said:
I've done China Coin
ya...I've done China Coin too......
and well~ also Skrzynecki's poems.......
and Cinema Paradiso........

L3m0tZ

HSC
hey everyone.. im new to dis forum.. but i've been visiting this forum for a couple of times since the beginning of HSC course... hmm i hav this 1 crucial question that i really need help on..
im gonna hav my half yearly exams soon.. n for ESL, we hav to do a speech.. about the movie dat we've studied in class, which is Cinema Paradiso.. n then i hav to compare it to another text of our own choosing..
so does any of u hav any ideas of what movie/poem/song or wateva dat's good for doing comparison with Cinema Paradiso?
If u guys read this msg, can u please reply asap... Heaps of thanx in advance.. ^^

PrettyVacant

HSC
L3m0tZ said:
hey everyone.. im new to dis forum.. but i've been visiting this forum for a couple of times since the beginning of HSC course... hmm i hav this 1 crucial question that i really need help on..
im gonna hav my half yearly exams soon.. n for ESL, we hav to do a speech.. about the movie dat we've studied in class, which is Cinema Paradiso.. n then i hav to compare it to another text of our own choosing..
so does any of u hav any ideas of what movie/poem/song or wateva dat's good for doing comparison with Cinema Paradiso?
If u guys read this msg, can u please reply asap... Heaps of thanx in advance.. ^^
Holy shit, this is an OOOOLD thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)