What the hell were the answers for Q.33-36 Science!!! (1 Viewer)

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC

The truth of the situation is that everyone has been fighting over the answers from 33, 34,35 and 36 of tHe Science School Certificate. If anyone has got some official answers or somefin like that I wuld be forever grateful if you posted them up. :) :) :) :) :)

NB: (I know your somewhere here kodos. Help) :cool:

kodos

Premium Member
HSC
Lol i don't remember most of the multiple choice answers now. Haven't seen the paper in the last 2 weeks and i don't really care about it. The results are gonna be back in a couple weeks time and it's only the school c, nothing to be too worried about.

Stop Studying

HSC
kido_1 said:

The truth of the situation is that everyone has been fighting over the answers from 33, 34,35 and 36 of tHe Science School Certificate. If anyone has got some official answers or somefin like that I wuld be forever grateful if you posted them up. :) :) :) :) :)

NB: (I know your somewhere here kodos. Help) :cool:

hey kiddo, ive the exam with me and my teacher told me the answers for multiple choice and my friend is a study addic told me them but he got one wrong. so here are the answers:
33 D
34 B
35 C
36 C

Stop Studying

HSC
to the Kid

dont worry urself out, it was a hard exam and it wasnt exactly clear. if the judges for SC find it that everyone is getting low marks like 80 and 76 theyll raise ur mark to a band 6. im really expecting 80s though, 87 at least. dont worry if u get 58 ull probably end up with 70s depending on the state average and results

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
actualy I found out the answers are like
d
d
c
c

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
According to my interpretation, the multiple choice answers for questions 33-36 should be all B. Here's my reasoning:

33. Current is always the same throughout a series circuit. It is voltage that changes in a series circuit from resistance.

34. Rock layer Q is the below the other rocks so it is probably the oldest when the rocks are drilled.

35. Heat and pressure is unlikely due to lack of sunlight. Mud covering the psilophytes is also unlikely since water was mainly gaseous at the time and mud requires liquid water to form, which also eliminates D. The most likely answer would be volcanoes because there were many volcanoes existing 400 million years ago as the Earth's crust developed. (If you Biology you'll go into detail with this)

36. Earth could not have been much further away from the sun at the time, so A is not likely. Gravity does not influence light since light is an electromagnetic wave and not matter, so D is very unlikely. The sun was obviously younger at the time, but saying it gave out less energy is not likely because the sun is very old and 400 million years was not a very significant amount of time for the sun's age. The sun was and still is a main sequence star (If you do physics, you'll go into detail about this), ever since Earth was born, so it must have emitted close to its maximum energy at the middle of its age. Also, before life on earth began, (you'll go into detail about this if you do Biology) there was plenty of deadly UV rays bombarding the Earth, the sun must have been emitting plenty of light and UV energy into Earth at the time. This answer may be correct to a small extent, but is not the best explanation.
The "best explanation" for the lack of sunlight (meaning it may not necessarily be the case but is most likely to be) would be there was more dust in the atmosphere. Volcanoes were abundant on Earth at the time, so dust must have been emitted by these volcanoes that were floating in the atmosphere. Since there were so many volcanoes, the amount of dust was enough to reduce the sunlight entering the Earth's atmosphere.

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
Oh thanx. Now I will just wait for the objective answers to pop up!!!

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Trebla said:
According to my interpretation, the multiple choice answers for questions 33-36 should be all B. Here's my reasoning:

33. Current is always the same throughout a series circuit. It is voltage that changes in a series circuit from resistance.

34. Rock layer Q is the below the other rocks so it is probably the oldest when the rocks are drilled.

35. Heat and pressure is unlikely due to lack of sunlight. Mud covering the psilophytes is also unlikely since water was mainly gaseous at the time and mud requires liquid water to form, which also eliminates D. The most likely answer would be volcanoes because there were many volcanoes existing 400 million years ago as the Earth's crust developed. (If you Biology you'll go into detail with this)

36. Earth could not have been much further away from the sun at the time, so A is not likely. Gravity does not influence light since light is an electromagnetic wave and not matter, so D is very unlikely. The sun was obviously younger at the time, but saying it gave out less energy is not likely because the sun is very old and 400 million years was not a very significant amount of time for the sun's age. The sun was and still is a main sequence star (If you do physics, you'll go into detail about this), ever since Earth was born, so it must have emitted close to its maximum energy at the middle of its age. Also, before life on earth began, (you'll go into detail about this if you do Biology) there was plenty of deadly UV rays bombarding the Earth, the sun must have been emitting plenty of light and UV energy into Earth at the time. This answer may be correct to a small extent, but is not the best explanation.
The "best explanation" for the lack of sunlight (meaning it may not necessarily be the case but is most likely to be) would be there was more dust in the atmosphere. Volcanoes were abundant on Earth at the time, so dust must have been emitted by these volcanoes that were floating in the atmosphere. Since there were so many volcanoes, the amount of dust was enough to reduce the sunlight entering the Earth's atmosphere.
agreed :D except i can't remember what i put for q35 :p

Stop Studying

HSC
kido_1 said:
Oh thanx. Now I will just wait for the objective answers to pop up!!!
yeh i strongly believe that kido1 is correct.
every1 is just saying their own answers and their explanations, so shut up and go get the real answers

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I don't care about the questions and what answers i gave for them, i'll just wait till friday when i get my school certificate results. You can keep argueing about the SC answers but i'll just wait till the answers get released on the board of studies and in the standards book.

jeniii

HSC
um.. just wondering.. im prolly wrong but .. woodnt the heat from volcanoes/lava like .. melt or burn or whatever the plant of thing about to be fossilized?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)