What to Buy?! (1 Viewer)

Haaalp

HSC
What in gods name should I buy.

Doing Bachelor of Design (Visual Communications) at UWS.

Laptop or notepads for lectures?

oliveryork

HSC
Just got into the same course.

I think the biggest thing we need to think of is a computer to run the design software, which often requires quite a hefty computer to run well. I've emailed the uni asking for any information regarding computers and software. I'll reply back here when I get information from them.

It'd be really good if some ex-students could chime in and offer any advice on the matter.

oliveryork

HSC
Just got the email back. Relatively uninformative. They really don't have any information on what to buy.

Im going to buy a 15" MacBook Pro and Adobe Master suite. It might be a little overkill for the course but its what I want in terms of my own computer and software.

kcqn93

HSC
Why don't you just use the facilities at uni or your current machine at home? You're only going to be doing basic stuff anyway. Don't rush and waste a few grand on expensive hardware and software on a whim like that.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Just got the email back. Relatively uninformative. They really don't have any information on what to buy.

Im going to buy a 15" MacBook Pro and Adobe Master suite. It might be a little overkill for the course but its what I want in terms of my own computer and software.
Make sure you get your Student ID so you can purchase a student license for the Adobe products.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)