What UTS business major to choose?? (1 Viewer)

Jarome

HSC
Hi guys,

I've recently enrolled in Business at UTS, and should be able to complete my first year units within next semester and summer school (through credit recognition). Thus next year Autumn I should be align with second year students in choosing majors. My main query is on what majors to choose. I've eyed out accounting as one of the majors i'll select however, i'm tied between choosing international business and finance. I only did General Maths in high school and don't exactly want to throw myself in the deep by having to learn heaps of statistical mathematics just to scrape through Finance. International business on the other hand does interest me, however i'm worried about the lack of career pathways that it may lead to (i've heard its a dud major).

If anyone has completed either Int business or Finance, can you please give me a run down on your thoughts and recommendations on it.

THANKSSS:biggrin:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you should choose international business because you tend to do better in things you are interested in, no point choosing a popular major but barely scrapping a pass, and in either event, accounting is already a very popular major, so even if international business doesn't work out, you always have accounting to fall back upon.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)