What was your biggest differerence in your HSC marks? (1 Viewer)

malkin86

HSC
What was your biggest difference between your test mark and your mark that the school gave you? Do you think it's affected your bands/UAI?

Mine was + 7 for Geography and - 13 for French Continuers... So my Geography teacher overestimated me a bit, and my French teacher had little idea what I was capable of. :( Anyone else?

neil_dl2

all my asessment marks were brought lower including english and chem, bio and phys, that affected my band adn uai by a great deal. any how the assesment marks you get form the BOS on the 17th are they scaled by bos or are they the marks sent by your teachers approximately, because if they are i have to talk to my teachers about it.

malkin86

HSC
I'm fairly sure they're just an estimate of what your teachers thought you'd get in the exam, although my assistant principal tried to feed me some b*llsh*t about my French assessment mark wouldn't affect my UAI, although it DID affect my band, and therefore probably my UAI.
He also tried to say that the mark that the school sent in was moderated by BOS according to your school's ranking.

Melody

HSC
N/A
neil_dl2 said:
all my asessment marks were brought lower including english and chem, bio and phys, that affected my band adn uai by a great deal. any how the assesment marks you get form the BOS on the 17th are they scaled by bos or are they the marks sent by your teachers approximately, because if they are i have to talk to my teachers about it.
They are not scaled but they are moderated ie moved so that the highest exam mark becomes the highest assesment mark and so that both sets of numbers have the same mean. There is a thread or two around somewhere...

It has nothing to do with any perceived "ranking" of your school, the numbers are merely moved to more accurately reflect the class/individuals abilities against the wider framework of that class' HSC exam results. This way, classes aren't disadvantaged for having hard or easy markers/assessments.

tensai

HSC
advanced english: school mark:90 exam mark: 88

if i got exam mark 89 then my hsc mark will be 89.5 rounded off to 90 rit?

Melody

HSC
N/A
tensai said:
advanced english: school mark:90 exam mark: 88

if i got exam mark 89 then my hsc mark will be 89.5 rounded off to 90 rit?
Yes indeed :)

andy100

HSC
the biggest difference for me was 94 for engadv assessment and 96 for exam. i was pissed off cause they under assessed me. oh well.

Karlz04

HSC
My Assessment mark was lower then my exam mark by:
4 in chem
2 in muisic

Assessment mark was 6 higher in Extension 2 English.

AE86

HSC
4unit maths.

Exam 83
Assessment 77

That's like 6marks difference.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
English Advanced:
Assesment - 86
Exam - 87

This resulted from me coming second in the class. All the other subjects were the same mark because I came first in them

Plebeian

93/92 in chemistry

otherwise mostly the same as acmilan, i came first so i got my own marks back :)

I think i would have improved most in ext 2 maths, from ranked 16/62 in school to getting equal 2nd exam mark

SeDaTeD

HSC
English Adv
Exam 91
Ass 83
All my others were the same or within 2 of each other.

miffytoki

HSC
i was rank 2 in Visual Arts and my internal mark was 97/100....i think i screwed my written exam in HSC tho and i only got 89/100 (BIG DIFF!) ...have no idea how my major work woulda gone...anyway i got scaled down to 93 for final...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)