What were first impressions of the atmosphere and the supervisors? (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
We started 15 minutes later. Our English Head Teacher and Principal came to give us really good advice and wished us well and we were joking around for a bit, sarcastically expressing feelings of doubt of success.

Our supervisors were really slow to collect the papers. I left my seat 20 minutes after the exam finished. They did nothing basically except for standing at the back and holding booklets.

By the way, how many pages are there in a booklet?

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
May I add, as a double post, that they had to use our clocks to tell the time rather than a stopwatch.
I hope the batteries in the clocks die during English.

kezz_xxxx

HSC
We use our clocks as well. Never used stopwatches.

I was ok heading into the exam but when we actually had to sit down with the paper in front of us and everything I started to get a bit stressed, especially with everyone else stressing around me. But then the supervisor/year advisor had a really long talk about procedure and malpractice and that kind of thing so by the time they had finished I just wanted to start.

Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

pzella

PzELLa
HSC
our superviors CONFUSED THE HELL OUTTA US.
she told us how to write in the paper and she said u need a booklet per question
then we asked about section one and she was saying one booklet each.... then we said the answer is gonna be like two sentences !!!!
it was soooooooo funny she was there for 20 min confusing us and trying to make sense

In deserted outskirts of sinister reasoning, thou
HSC
I think they were really professional and really intelligent. I sometimes look up to think and I was in the front row, and I noticed that when that happened they would move out of my line of vision as to not distract me. They also whispered really quietly, it was unhearable. They were friendly, nice and calm. They gave clear instructions and were smiling the entire time (which was relaxing.) they were patient with people who couldn't find their seats even after being instructed too....

I liked it, it's like they took our hall and transformed it into a comfortable place. You would have barely noticed them if you knew your stuff, they did nothing to make anyone lose concentration.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
God, I was sitting in the middle of two people, who didn't give a shit about the exam. The supervisors were nice, and the atmosphere was pretty tense once we all entered.

lowek

HSC
Our supervisors were ANNOYING.
I'm trying to write my fricking paper.
and two of them are having a merry old chat behind me.
Oh and our prosiding officer [cuz they're the same as yr 10] told us in the SC we were the worst group she had ever taken. So I don't think her opinion has changed much.

gracerawl88

HSC
well, we were in a presbertian (cant spell) hall on a highway, so we had trucks going past and a stupid frikkin rooster crowing :mad:
we had 3 elderly ladies supervising, and in our reading time, broke the clock, glass smashed everywhere, she thought it was merrily funny, and laughed whilst sweeping it up. was also jealous wen they poured themselves coffee n the smell filled the room.. itll be stinking hot in that room in the next exams...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I find it odd that my main uni teacher who has a PHD went to supervise the HSC students yesterday...

I always thought the supervisors were always randoms.

karoooh

HSC
Our supervisors were great! Lovely people. Very fast to attend to attend to our needs etc. Always managed to get to your side in 3 secs flat! Couldn't have asked for better!

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
ours was like a comedy show or something. the main guy started picking ppl out and saying 'oh you bla bla bla *insert embarrasing quote about childhood*' and everyones like 'lol wtf'. so i dont know if that was good or not. least it dissapated the tension

Stix_Magill

HSC
Our supervisors are our tuckshop ladies so we already know them through volunteering and stuff, so it made it a whole lot easier asking for help and the likes.

B35tY

HSC
pretty much the same as everyone else;

old people who started late and took ages to collect papers afterwards

wishes of goodluck from principal and deputy (our principal ended and we just sat there, but after the deputy's speech everyone clapped her off :D)

nic56

Sheep Station (farm 4city ppl) 50 km NW of Wentwor
HSC
our supervisors were great and all but one of them had a cold and didnt stop coughin the whole two hours. it really p**ed me off. grr. it mite have been the fact that i was in the front row right in front of their her desk.
It took 20 mins at the end to sign the blue slip before we could leave.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Well, we had oldish ladies as our supervisors, and I recognised them from a few years back when my parents forced me to go to church. Alot of people said that the head supervisor is a bitch because we had her during the SC. But I don't think she was like that at all. In fact, it was weird. I was looking for my desk and she told me my desk was down the back. I don't know how she knew who I was though... then during reading time she asked me if I was related to 'Phil' and I was like 'yeah, he's my brother', and she said 'oh, I live next door to him' and smiled and walked off... I still don't know how she knew who I was because I don't look like my brother. Oh well, it could be a good thing that I have "connections", but knowing Phil, it could be a bad thing also...
Apart from that, the ladies were really lovely, even though I made a mistake filling out the cover...

wdoueihi

2006 HSC Student.
HSC
Our presiding officer used to be my geography teacher. the mad thing was that he was really bad at controlling the class. during exams (not the hsc) he would sometimes let us whisper to each other our answers. he used to hint what he thought would be coming in the next hsc geography exam coz he used to write the geography hsc but retired like a year ago. anyways the atmosphere was pretty comfortable except the stupid supervisors took ages to bring extra booklets. i struggled to get their attention so i beg to click at them. they got annoyed lol but other then that it was good

HSC
Yeah our supervisors were pretty good. They let us take our time finding our seats and they didnt talk or drink coffee during the exam and they let us talk to each other a bit after it had finished.
Unlike a certain teacher at school who, during our trials, decided it would be a good time to throw his car keys down on to a desk and start rummaging through his bag looking for something.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Our supervisors were really great. The one in charge was very professional and wasn't like some of the ones I've had at various tests who clearly didn't have a clue what the procedure with booklets was.

We started a few minutes late because they got us to do our blue slips before the exam, then did the malpractice warning, then had to move some people around because they couldn't find their seats.

They didn't talk or disrupt at all. Even the canteen ladies (our canteen is right next to our hall and you can hear anything they say in there) were quiet as mice.

Typically, though, I got the wobbly desk. Damn them all.

the hsc sucks

HSC
Sparcod said:
We started 15 minutes later. Our English Head Teacher and Principal came to give us really good advice and wished us well and we were joking around for a bit, sarcastically expressing feelings of doubt of success.

Our supervisors were really slow to collect the papers. I left my seat 20 minutes after the exam finished. They did nothing basically except for standing at the back and holding booklets.

By the way, how many pages are there in a booklet?
we had supervisors who were screeching at us to "hurry up!" to get in the hall, no familiar teachers in sight and council machinery work was being done next door, even though they were supposed to have finished, so we had machinery noise for the 1st 15-20 minutes of exam

karoooh

HSC
I did too - Except I got on of the ladies to grabb me a few blue slips to fold and slip under the stupid leg = FTW!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)