What will the Ecosystems at risk essay be on? (1 Viewer)

Wahlito

I myself am hoping for an essay on management strategies or human impacts, because this is basically all i am prepared for.

Wahlito

Well, i include that in my "management strategies" as about one paragraph near the end. Ie promote awarness of values of the ecosystem etc.

But Theres no way i could write a whole essay on that only.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i hope they will ask to use only one ecosystem, i recon it will be something like " desribe traditional and contemporary practices in the management of one ecosystem at risk"

jackie

i recon the essay question this year will be :

Explain why there is a need to manage and protect ecosystems with reference to one ecosystem at risk from the stimulas booklet ( or one we have studied ).

i don't think it will be on the traditional and contemporary management techniques cause it was done in two trial papers.

the second section will probably be on urban dynamics cause mega cities just sounds too predictable.

for the last section i'm pretty sure it will be on the linkages and flows of an economic enterprise.

apollo

^^ what do trial papers have to do with it?

the hsc is set in april. trials are usually set afterwards, so they have no swing whatsoever on the hsc questions set.

mystery

Because it was in the trial doesnt mean it wont be in the hsc. isnt that the point of the trial...the teachers try to predict the hsc questions so that you can practice? I highly doubt it will be on a local economic activity as it was the past two years...and the global part of economic activity takes up alot...so surely they wont completly leave that out again?
but yes i agree...mega cities seems to obvious.. but then again the bos. werent that mean and were quite predictable for the english papers. so who knows :confused:
i guess we'll all find out tomorrow at 1:55pm!
Goodluck everyone xxx

tee

For the economic activity i reckon it will be on linkages and flows because they ammended the syllabus point on that in 2001 and it hasnt been tested yet... other than the nature of the local activity and the linkages etc every thing else has been examined in prior hsc exams.

For ecosystems i think it will be on the reasons for ecosystem management and protection (utility, intrinsic etc) and then evaluate in reference to your case studies traditional and contemporary management strategies. Or something allong those lines.

for urban places im not sure, either the dominance/ dependence between world cities and urban centres...demise of the small town. (i hope not)
or the challenges and response to these challenges of living in a mega city like self help projects, NGO's, informal economies etc

snowman

How would You go about structuring ur essay on the reasons for ecosystem management and protection (utility, intrinsic etc) and then evaluate in reference to your case studies traditional and contemporary management strategies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)