What would be the best way to self learn the hsc physics course/concepts? (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
Edrolo physics kinda sucks, atomi is pretty decent and I really like the ATAR notes for physics. If you want more detailed knowledge textbook like Pearson would be better, it’s just so boring though lmao

Last edited:

yanujw

HSC
My method was as follows:

Open up the ********* book, the pearson textbook (or jacaranda/in focus) and a physical notepad. When you come to a new section of a topic, read the ********* book first as a 'pre reading' exercise to orient you with the topic. Then read through the pearson textbook, making notes as you go along and ensuring you copy down all formulae, diagrams and flow charts. Pearson has a review section at the end of each section so use this to make sure your notes are full enough - you should have some content for each dot point in that review section.

carrotsss

HSC
My method was as follows:

Open up the ********* book, the pearson textbook (or jacaranda/in focus) and a physical notepad. When you come to a new section of a topic, read the ********* book first as a 'pre reading' exercise to orient you with the topic. Then read through the pearson textbook, making notes as you go along and ensuring you copy down all formulae, diagrams and flow charts. Pearson has a review section at the end of each section so use this to make sure your notes are full enough - you should have some content for each dot point in that review section.
Atar notes is censored on this forum when you write it without a space

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Thanks I appreciate it. Would you also say that channels like Physics High may be sufficient on its own, or coupled with something like Atar notes would give a better understanding of concepts?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
bruh u have 99.8 atar and did physics... I'd say you should have a decent idea on what you'd needa do
I dropped Phys during yr12 because I didn’t like but I yes I do have an idea now thanks to everyone. But as I said it was for a friend, not me

carrotsss

HSC
Thanks I appreciate it. Would you also say that channels like Physics High may be sufficient on its own, or coupled with something like Atar notes would give a better understanding of concepts?
I don’t really like physics high but if they like it then I’d recommend coupling it with ATAR notes, his videos aren’t as rigidly structured around the syllabus

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
My son went through all of Pearson and then skimmed Jacaranda for revision and scored 96 in Physics which is the highest mark ever at his school (which is not even ranked in the top 400 high schools) and over twenty marks ahead of all his classmates (to give an idea of his cohort). So, it is possible to just learn it all from a couple of good textbooks and use the internet to do a bit more reading if unsure with how a textbook explains a particular concept.

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
When did he start going ahead
Actually, he didn't work ahead in physics but he'd already finished Maths extension 2 in Year 11, so was quite strong in all the maths related areas of physics (vectors, trig, circular motion, calculus) and was able to work through the textbooks relatively quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)