What would you like to see here? J'ai besoin de VOUS, et vos opinons! (1 Viewer)

How's your experience here in the French forum?

• It's great. Don't change anything!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Um, could be better... (please specify by posting below)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It's a complete waste of time... (please suggest how we could make it worthwhile below!)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

chepas

HSC
Bonjour tout le monde,

At the moment it is still relatively early in the school year, and having only 1.5 days of uni under my belt and surprisingly not much to do (waiting for the downpour), I would like to take just a bit of time to find out what kind of stuff you want here. Also, hopefully before your Half Yearlies start. Gotta fine tune those skills!

What I am talking about is what kind of resources do you feel you need? What kind of links and sites and other stuff could one put here to help you access stuff better? Could things be better organised?

In particular, Beginners. I realise that there is a bit of under-representation with regards to Beginners' resources (eg practice exams and such), but I am currently in the process of trying to find some more with which to help you.

Please, post some comments and/or suggestions! Anything you think of.

If it's something to do how the French forum is organised, what should be here, what gives you most trouble and you think there should be more of.... anything!

Just like Coles, one is 'Serving You Better'. :rolleyes:.

Many, many thanks for your help. Post and suggest away! And vote in the poll too.

Bien amicalement,
chepas :D.

sephora

HSC
Comment tu peux améliorer

Bonjour! Je pense que tu es un moderateur <not sure of french word and too lazy to look up> vraiment bien. Néanmois, j'ai besoin d'un peu d'aide pour le français éxtension. Est-ce qu'il y a des phrases qu'on peut utiliser dans les examens de parler ou d'écrire? Si c'est possible, ce sera fantastique! Jeudi j'ai un <assesment> pour l'extension et alors j'en ai besoin!

Merci beaucoup.
Sephora

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
Chepas, you're doing a great job as mod! keep it up!

As I did beginners last year, I have heaps and heaps (I'm talking 3 lever arch folders full) of stuff that I can give to help all the frenchies this year. Problem: I don't have a scanner! I have heaps of vocab lists full of words/phrases all related to common topics/themes, and I have been planning to type them up but I work 50hrs a week and don't have much spare time... I'm sorry that I'm making excuses but I really do wanna help out everyone!

Last year what I used to do was just read all the "parlons-nous le francais ici" posts, as this was usually more interesting than reading comprehension papers. I also used some of the continuers resources, eg. answering those speaking qs. So, even if things are not directed to beginners, they are still usefull. Plus, using continuers resources is more of a challenge, and if most beginners classes were like mine, we were up to beginners hsc level by the end of the prelim course, so it is not impossible for us to understand.

I guess if a beginners thread was started off, that would get the ball rolling and then other beginners would start posting stuff too...

But anyways, the French forum is one of my faves. There's a real little community feel to it. c'est un vrai petit monde francais!

Last edited:

frenchie

HSC
Salut mon pote!

Ce serait inutile de te critiquer en tant que moderateur - t'es un génie et le forum est vraiment au point. on sait qu'on peut compter sur toi!

Peut-être devrait-on créer une fiche d'addresses...envoyé chaque mois aux habitués , un bulletin de quelque sorte...qui rassemble toutes les événements/activités franco-culturelles/ films / points de grammaire intéressantes/...(`a la manière de L.Lawless ;)) pte k'on va avwa du travail...mais j'y réfléchis tout haut....

ben et puis c'est tout! faut que je m'en aille ... l'émission "Samedi Soir avec" m'appelle.....

en tout cas on se parlera plus tard

frenchie

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)