What would you like to see in the Lifestyle forum? (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Imo, fitness and health should be separate subforums.
Sure, they both relate to the human body, but the mix of threads (e.g. The Pill v Weightlifting for Size and Strength) is a bit whack.
Probably better to keep all the fitness stuff separate from health.

Idk, that's my two cents.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I'd like to see a "sleep" sub-forum or something along the lines of sleep :)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
my 'how to get a nightmare' thread should be stickied.

:hammer:

edit: but srsly, i agree with wixxy, having one thread about muscle building and another thread about acne and another thread about the pill, all in one section, is kinda weird.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Sure, they both relate to the human body, but the mix of threads (e.g. The Pill v Weightlifting for Size and Strength) is a bit whack.

I have considered this before. I agree the current subforum is very broad and, consequently, is very cluttered. It's nice to hear it echoed by another member.

dux&src

HSC

I agree with this.
Fitness and health should be separate.

HSC
what of those 'nutrition' topics that appear in both h&f and food and drinks?
I have, in the past, considered moving all nutrition threads to health and fitness since they're primarily inspired by a quest for either health or fitness. What has stopped me though is a fear of making h&f even more overcrowded.

Food and drinks is probably one of the quieter subforums. With a split of h&f, f&d could be dissolved and absorbed into two new fourums: 'health and nutrition' and 'fitness'
Thoughts?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Also, has a "Family" sub-forum been considered?
So instead of under the general lifestyle heading, all the threads like...
"Stereotypical Asian Parents", "how strict are ur parents?", "Smacking ur kids!!!", "Parents, emotional abuse, want to move out - need help!" etc,
can be grouped together? That, or a massive merged thread.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I have, in the past, considered moving all nutrition threads to health and fitness since they're primarily inspired by a quest for either health or fitness. What has stopped me though is a fear of making h&f even more overcrowded.

Food and drinks is probably one of the quieter subforums. With a split of h&f, f&d could be dissolved and absorbed into two new fourums: 'health and nutrition' and 'fitness'
Thoughts?
That wouldn't be a bad idea, actually. Makes a lot of sense.
It'd be a fairly even split, too.

dux&src

HSC

Thoughts?
yeah actually health and nutrition would go well together :)
I am for the proposal of 'health and nutrition' and 'fitness' :)

Also, has a "Family" sub-forum been considered?
So instead of under the general lifestyle heading, all the threads like...
"Stereotypical Asian Parents", "how strict are ur parents?", "Smacking ur kids!!!", "Parents, emotional abuse, want to move out - need help!" etc,
can be grouped together? That, or a massive merged thread.
Yeah family is probably a sound idea too!

HSC
Lol get out of my head wixxy!
I'm keen to clean out the lifestyle-general forum, perhas reinstating the 'no posting' policy that once existed there.

I had not considered grouping them into a 'family' subforum.
The name might not be exactly right but the concept seems reasonable.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yeah, the general forum is a mess. More or less.
The old no-posting rule wouldn't be a bad idea, assuming there were subforums to cater to the miscellaneous posts which don't fit in. But I don't know that that's possible... a no-posting rule in the general section would most likely lead to a lot of threads being posted in the wrong forums, thus more modding work needed, thus annoyance for you guys, no? (Given that there ARE quite a few areas which aren't covered by the current three subforums).

Had an idea that some weights (weightlifting) threads/some dieting threads should probably be merged. Seems to be a lot of repetition.

Last edited:

dux&src

HSC
weightlifting related thread should go intoo fitness and dieting threads should go into nutrition. I don't think they should be merged.

So what do you think about a 'sleep' sub-forum?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i dont reckon sleep needs its own forum, that can just go in the general lifestyle section, not much has been said about sleep, apart from insomnia and nightmares/dreams

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
weightlifting related thread should go intoo fitness and dieting threads should go into nutrition. I don't think they should be merged.

So what do you think about a 'sleep' sub-forum?
How many threads are there on sleep, specifically, to warrant a sleep subforum? Wouldn't it just go into the proposed "Health and Nutrition" subforum?

And no, I meant some of the threads should be merged into a stickied Weightlifting thread in the Fitness subforum, and a merged stickied Weightloss thread in the Health and Nutrition subforum. Only because there are a LOT of threads (many of which are old, and repetitive) which are asking either:
a) How much do you lift/How much should I lift (and asking specific advice)
or
b) How much do you weigh/How to lose weight.

dux&src

HSC
How many threads are there on sleep, specifically, to warrant a sleep subforum? Wouldn't it just go into the proposed "Health and Nutrition" subforum?

And no, I meant some of the threads should be merged into a stickied Weightlifting thread in the Fitness subforum, and a merged stickied Weightloss thread in the Health and Nutrition subforum. Only because there are a LOT of threads (many of which are old, and repetitive) which are asking either:
a) How much do you lift/How much should I lift (and asking specific advice)
or
b) How much do you weigh/How to lose weight.
Yeah i guess it would go into the 'Health and Nutrition' sub-forum. Just thought it would be nice if it were separate :)

OH stickied threads.. Yeah, i'm all for it.:headbang:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yup. They'd be good, as it would reduce the number of old (and usually defunct) threads, without the need for deletions... thus keeping the information in an easily accessible, grouped together (merged) sticky thread.

klaris

HSC
I agree with the "family" concept of a new sub-forum because it easily seperates the family lifestyle to your own and if you have a problem/question to do with family then you don't have to sift through a load of other crap to get what you want. But thats just my 2 cents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)