What You All Get? (1 Viewer)

josie_is_slut

i rekon i got like 70's raw

can someone tell me, wat happens if the BOS puts something in the exam that they specifically sed was not in the syllabus
im so shitty bout something in the exam
they sed locus of conics was NOT in the course, so wat do they do, put a question on locus of the hyperbola.......go read the sylabus http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/maths4u_syl.pdf
it says locus is NOT part of the couse

:chainsaw:

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
Screwed up that god damn test. From what I calculated now, the highest possible raw mark I can get (assuming I get every single question that I attempted correct) is 72% (I left out almost all of Q8, the last 3 questions in Q7, and other small bits & pieces).

BTW what the fuck is a tetrahedron anyway? (stupid last question)

FatAsss

was way too easy imo.
the locus was a simple one.
the sylabus is incredibly broad but they gave u way more info than u needed.
the only ones that were hard were the card q and the circle geom one.
they gave so much info away it was basically pointless studying for it.
the last q was a bit hard to see what the shape was, but it was too easy after u saw it.
4 marks for seeing similar triangles :rolleyes:

spice girl

magic mirror
The card question was the silliest question. Part 1 was just a figure the probability of the first card being 4 or greater. Part 2 just needed to figure out internal arrangement.

As for geometry, it was predictable as usual: cyclic quads, similar triangles, angle-chasing around the circle.

The bitchiest question was the 7b) I just cbfed proving an identical proof for P0P1P2P3 being a cyclic quad, so I just said it was because it was congruent to OP0P1P2. What a bitch. I sat there for 5 minutes deciding what sort of bullshit refusal to do the exact proof...

And btw wogboy, a tetrahedron is a solid made out of any 4 non-coplanar points, (or in other words, 4 triangles).

Way too easy? I agree...

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
I reckon it was harder than last year's paper... allthe studying I did didn't make much of a difference...:\
The last question was easy indeed.

josie, chances are you can do nothing. Phone them up and bitch, then write a letter, and finally sue them... but I really don't think it'll amount to much. All I saw in the syllabus was theere was no locus of ellipses.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC

linny

Well you'll all be glad to here of my estimate.....

i reckon at absolute maximum ill get 60% with 45% being pretty feasable...

those last questions got me by intimidation....

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Yes, some of these qquestions on first glance does have big shock value...
"Prove cot^2(pi/(2m+1)) + cot^2(2pi/(2m+1)) + cot^2(3pi/(2m+1)) + .... + cot^2(mpi/(2m+1)) = m(2m-1)/3"
*shudders*
Now it looks really small and simple because of the huge margins on the paper, and because the exam is over...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
raw mark: 85 to 93 out of 120 ...
i got scared of diagram of the angles and stuff in 7(b) and fell apart... o well ... at least three units is easy... good ol three unit ...

Will

HSC
N/A
didn't complete a couple of solutions in q4,5 and 7
110 max

that paper was piss easy compared to other years

i mean come on, who didn't finish question 8

that's so wrong

Winsux

yeh, i'm with all of you, it did look pretty easy, well at least in the reading time - mainly text book stuff for the first half, i couldn't believe the integrals, they pretty much gave the answer to you

even so, i didn't do all that well, i'm guessing raw mark of mid 60's. so who's going to guess what that'll scale to?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Winsux
even so, i didn't do all that well, i'm guessing raw mark of mid 60's. so who's going to guess what that'll scale to?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

90's 93-95

that would probably have been true for the old HSC mark, but from what i gathered from last year's hsc, probably something like 90 (scaled)

a mark of 95 would have placed you well into the top 10% in last year's math ext two, and 93 around top 25%... (anyway that my opinion and i could be far from the truth)

gumpy

it was an alright test,

i'm looking at about 60- 67% which i'd be very happy with. :)

for the person that said their mark was 110 max, your a genius.
:confused:

Dumbarse

it wasnt a hard test, there was still some tricky stuff
time was my killer, i didnt even get to look at 7 or 8
ohh wells, i'll be happy with a pass
hope the whole state isnt like u freaks who think you'll get 110 outa 120 raw

yerr

Yeh it was a pretty easy test compared to last years, i got all of question 8, the only thing that im not sure bout is the end parts of 7b, hoping for over 110, hope no silly mistakes

drolle

Originally posted by jm1234567890
the test was pretty easy compared to past years. escpecially 2000. i think I got about 106
Holy crap that's pretty high, I don't think I got above 70 (EDIT: I meant to say 85, as in about 70%). I probably would have got more if I didn't spend my last 20 minutes on that 3 mark qn in Q6 - show In + In-2 = 1/(n-1) - I got so frustrated with it I couldn't move on, cause I kept getting In + In-2/(n-2) = ((2n-1)pi/4)/(n-1). clearly I was doing something wrong :(
UPDATE: I figured it out last night and I'm even more annoyed now that I see how simple it was! GRRR....

Anyway, I agree - good ol' 3 unit should be nice and easy :)

Last edited:

nakata

it was easy?!??! are you kidding?

it didnt even test you on everything
i admit that i hate probability and mechanics, but they only had one mechanic question, i think, a circular motion one, which was pretty simple. What happened to the resisted motions or the banked tracks?, and everything seemed to be either volumes, and complex numbers. I guess only those that concentrated on those topics, had a betta chance...

the de moiv-watta youcall it- theorem which was pretty stupid, and some vectors was also pretty hard, but achievable.
i wrote as much working out as possible, jus to get some extra marks.

the integration was cool, but the tetrahedron, took me 5minutes to realise it was bloody 3-D, and the circle geometry was ok.

it would have been ok, given 4hrs (maybe 5), ill be luky to get 60-70%=(

nakata

just like to add...

last years test, even the 2000 one, was way easier then this one. at least they tested you on everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)