What'd you think? (1 Viewer)

Cocogal

HSC
N/A
I thought the exam was pretty basic, but the stuff they asked for didn't really imply many deffinitions, which we have been pretty much told to put until you can put no more!!!

There weren't very multiple choice either.....strange......

And some of the questions, it was hard to write enough on them I thought, maybe I just didn't study enough....oh well....

I thought the thing was okays just a little obscure to what I was expecting. Hard to explain but I think some of you will know what I mean....

:spaceshp:

:headbang:

Anywho....tell me all!!!

Rosie

Hey,
i thought the exam was pretty good! I'm heaps tired after it though coz of all the exams questions! I agree with you with the multiple choice. The short answer questions were mostly research based which i found strange. Also in the first part of the groups in context essay how we had to talk about socioeconomic stuff...that was a bit weird! Overall i think i did good, i especially liked the parenting and caring....and technology option topic essay :) Which groups did you talk about in the essay?

Only one more exam to go...*yay* :D

ezza_4daystogo

I thought the exam today was okay but i thought that the multiple choice were harder that I thought they were going to be. Our other exams have been easier than that and there were a couple of questions I just guessed.

I agree with you about there not being a lot of space to be able to include definitions and I realised halfway through that I'd forgotten to include examples which I think was probably important to.

Which option did you do? Our class did the social impact of technology and I thought the second question about the roles and responsibilities of employers and employess accessing and accepting resources was a bit difficult because we hadn't done a lot on technology and work, or not that I know of, maybe I missed that class...........

Anyway, no use getting stressed about it, just glad its over - only got on more exam to go!:rolleyes:

Rosie

i also did the social impact of technology as an option topic. I liked the case study question because i was able to talk a lot about the piece of technology i studied and it fitted under individuals, families and communities. But i agree with you that the second part of it was difficult. We didn't do much on that either and it was a 15 mark question...i just basically said how employers have to train the employees and make sure no one is discriminated with access to it and so on!
The multiple choice was hard coz for every question there was two right answers.....:rolleyes:

melissella

i was a bit suprised at the difficulty of the paper... especially the multiple choice.. i had to leave about 4 until the end then came back to them... but then i think i got them but they took a bit of thinking- a lot of thinking

what did everyone put for each multiple choice question??

and that stupid question about rural families- even though thats one of the groups i studies, i couldnt think of a community service!!! i ended up making up something, like, completely making it up

none of the questions set anything off for me... like i had all these Acts ready to write about- and they didnt ask anything about the 1st half of the syllabus for 'Family and Societal Interactions'... i was very disappointed

Rosie

here are my multiple choice answers....it was hard so i dunno if they are all right or not: c,a,b,d,c,c,a,a,b,d
what did everyone else get?:)

ezza_4daystogo

sorry, not sure what i wrote for multiple choice cos i forgot to keep my question paper but i remember thinking the one about homeless women was really hard and i think i chose the answer about domestic violence

melissella

shit... i had:
1d,2a,3b,4b,5c,6b,7c,8a,9b,10c
i had never even heard of 'family first' (7), 10 was hard- none of them looked right, actually, no answers looked right for anything...
somebody tell us what u's got?

Rosie

I agree the homeless one was hard so i just put high housing costs and parental responsibilities...i also found question 6 about the graph weird and i have never heard of family first initiative for number 7! the rest were ok tho. I got 4 different to you missella but we still got similar answers so that must be good right? lol

_sock_

I didn't think that the test was all that bad. But the multiple choice was rather hard. What was that family first thing all about?? :confused: And I was surprised how the short answer questions were research methodolgy based, I thought that was very unusual. It seems like a lot of ppl did the technology one, I did Individuals and Work option and I thought that the questions sucked! It barely covered the syllabus at all, it was just own knowledge with a little bit of that option involved. Overall, I didn't like the test at all though it wasn't all that bad, and I'm glad its over. One more test to go!

starrrboy

exam

i thought overall it was quite good
multiple choice was hard and so were the short answer questions but the modules were good
individuals and work was the best i think
for groups in context i used for question2 sole parents and homeless
and for question 3 gay and lesbians and aboriginals
it's all over!!!!!!!

Rosie

For groups in context essays i did...the aged and homeless for part b and homeless and aborigines for part c! i wasm't going to talk about the aged at all but then i realised it fit really well with the question coz i was able to talk about how the aged needs are met by housing through nursing homes, retirement villages etc. ;)

Cocogal

HSC
N/A
Family First

Who else hadn't heard of the Family First inititive? I think it's stupid for them to put in questions so specific when it is not defined in the syllabus.

"A variety of welfare groups and programs"

That does not say that "Family First one - it's only a fluke if you get it right or had heard of it by your own general knowledge. Or if that was one of the assistance programs your teacher looked at!

STUPID!!!!:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)