What's a good % to aim for in practice papers and trials? (1 Viewer)

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
At what point would you say you've prepared well enough, is it consistent 70/ 80/ 90 in practice papers?

What even are some reasonable trial marks? I feel like getting an 80 would be really good since it covers all topics for all subjects but idk if that's too low of a mark.

Maybe people who have already done trials can say some marks that they got.

_rakelt

HSC
LOL i did so bad for trials,,, my lowest mark was bio 63% and my highest was for standard eng 86%. Still got over 90 for my atar but that is because you improve SO MUCH after trials + hsc markers are literally lifesavers

vinlatte

HSC
LOL i did so bad for trials,,, my lowest mark was bio 63% and my highest was for standard eng 86%. Still got over 90 for my atar but that is because you improve SO MUCH after trials + hsc markers are literally lifesavers
That's quite uplifting for my mixed trials results. English was disappointing, maybe passed. My highest was an 80 something for hospo and 77 for eco.

How did you improve for your hsc?

yooook

HSC
what school?

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
This is highly dependent on the school and the difficulty of the paper. There is much more guidance in looking at your ranking within your school, your school's typical HSC results, and then correcting for whether your year is typical of your school.

For example, in a subject which I topped in year 11, I had a trial paper that was evil... I only scored in the 70s (raw mark)... my rank was still comfortably near the top for that subject, and the school was both very competitive and high-achieving... and my year was stronger than the school's average. I got 95 in the HSC for that subject and my moderated assessment mark was also in the 90s.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
This is highly dependent on the school and the difficulty of the paper. There is much more guidance in looking at your ranking within your school, your school's typical HSC results, and then correcting for whether your year is typical of your school.

For example, in a subject which I topped in year 11, I had a trial paper that was evil... I only scored in the 70s (raw mark)... my rank was still comfortably near the top for that subject, and the school was both very competitive and high-achieving... and my year was stronger than the school's average. I got 95 in the HSC for that subject and my moderated assessment mark was also in the 90s.
Thx for the reply

Nikolerak

HSC
What do you mean "HSC markers are lifesavers"????? Sounds promising!!!

Nikolerak

HSC

What subject was that?

_rakelt

HSC
That's quite uplifting for my mixed trials results. English was disappointing, maybe passed. My highest was an 80 something for hospo and 77 for eco.

How did you improve for your hsc?
Honestly, just learning from your mistakes. Every essay I wrote, I went back and fixed it and made sure to GET FEEDBACK. Just making sure I remember NOT to do the same mistake again in the hsc is what got me thru..

Plus hsc markers are so generous. Like I got 63% for bio (band3)... which upgrade to a final HSC mark of 80 (band 5) ??? And also ext history, in trials i got band 4 (73%) and in hsc I got an E4/band 6 (94%)... just some hope

However, you cant always rely on hsc markers, and you have to learn from ur mistakes during trials in order to do better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)