Whats the best transfer to pharmacy? (1 Viewer)

TheVuk

HSC
big man ting i almost got straight in to usyd but I didn't so what can u do, I can do medical science at mq or wsu but they don't seem to have much crossover with pharmacy, do use think arts at usyd is best and major/minor in chemistry and bio and shit and then transfer or med science.

i got into law/arts at wsu and marketing at mq but idk if the moneys as good as pharmacy, should I do one of those instead x thank u

humptydumpty5

HSC
N/A
big man ting i almost got straight in to usyd but I didn't so what can u do, I can do medical science at mq or wsu but they don't seem to have much crossover with pharmacy, do use think arts at usyd is best and major/minor in chemistry and bio and shit and then transfer or med science.

i got into law/arts at wsu and marketing at mq but idk if the moneys as good as pharmacy, should I do one of those instead x thank u
Apparently from what I have heard pharmacy pay is crap but I really cant speak because I am not in the field

Frozen

HSC

Is this a joke? The money in pharmacy is terrible. I have attached the pay scale for Pharmacists in Australia. Pharmacist are usually paid at $30.67 per hour ($60,603.92 per year). There are different levels of being a pharmacist. Once you gain 4 years of full-time experience, you will be reclassified to be an "Experienced Pharmacist". Pharmacist in Charge = you are in charge of the pharmacy section of the pharmacy. Pharmacist manager means you run the whole store. You might be looking after a 10 million dollar business (e.g. CWH) and only get 75k a year for that (As a pharmacist manager). Being a Pharmacist manager is a 7 day job even though you are only paid for 5 days. If there is anything that goes wrong(e.g. complex refunds, store credits, people calling in sick), you are suppose to fix everything even if it's on a day you are not rostered on.

Edit: I work (worked) in pharmacy.

Attachments

Last edited:

Frozen

HSC
a recent post by a recent former pharmacist. Just a bit of perspective/summary of the pharmacy sector for employee pharmacists in Australia atm for the OP.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)