Whats the deal with Art Express? (1 Viewer)

cob95

HSC
whats the theme or whatever this year if there even is one.
what did everyone do for their BOW. I did a film:)

waza_

HSC
I did a film too =D
I think all students that did a film should upload it to youtube!

kaytt

HSC
an 80,000 piece sculpture made out of ancient traditional origami techniques... and yes I have developed RSI lol

waza_

HSC
That smoke photography thing looks awesome!

that was pretty fucking sweet dude.

checkout mine
YouTube - 2009 Art BOW:Inevitability
tell us what you think

Holy shit man! That was so awesome!! So well put together, what exactly is the meaning behind it? I understand that one of the protagonists has a shit day and the other one has a good day but in the end they both die, is there anything else to it?

cob95

HSC
Its meant to explore the inevitability of death. It kinda entwines various meanings and i purposely made it so rough and ambiguous. the coin thing is a reference to the butterfly effect, where tiny things have a huge impact on out fate, eg, a flip of a coin, but ultimately the only secure result and absolute guarantee is death. So no matter what the journey, the destination is the same.

=)

waza_

HSC
Ah ok that's a good meaning man! Yeah I made mine to be the opposite of everyone else's, majority (if not all) video art majors are based on a dark type meaning which makes you feel sad at the end of viewing it, I decided to make mine full of happiness and bright colours to make people love life! Those 10 days still stand as the best highlight of this year =D

kaytt

HSC
nope im not... it didnt take long to make, the individual triangles were easy to fold ... i didnt anticipate using that many, but i did and it looks amazing. and i also made 1600 paper cranes. it explores me dealing with my life after a terrible illness: 'Picking Up the Pieces - of Ostomy and Me'

Hannargh

HSC
nope im not... it didnt take long to make, the individual triangles were easy to fold ... i didnt anticipate using that many, but i did and it looks amazing. and i also made 1600 paper cranes. it explores me dealing with my life after a terrible illness: 'Picking Up the Pieces - of Ostomy and Me'

I'm curious... got any photos?

kaytt

HSC
I don't have many photos of it... mostly snippets... and they're not that great because you can't really see the indentation i made for the belly button and the breasts.. but here they are:

* I just realised i didn't have a pic of the front to actually see the belly button... but you get the jist of it. and the cranes would hang above it

Last edited:

waza_

HSC
Holy shit!!! That is the craziest sculpture I've ever seen! Definately up there with that artist who creates sculptures out of pencils (forgot his name)

kaytt

HSC
lol i don't know whether or not this is a good thing or a bad thing...

Elle1919

HSC
To get into art express you have to get over 45 out of 50 I'm pretty sure and that is very hard to get I believe. I haven't heard or noticed that art express has themes etc behind it I'm positive it just goes off the marks.

I did charcoal drawings on canvas depicting children living in poverty, the title was 'your blindness blinds us'!!!

That sculpture work is incredible wont be suprised if that gets into art express!!

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I don't have many photos of it... mostly snippets... and they're not that great because you can't really see the indentation i made for the belly button and the breasts.. but here they are:

* I just realised i didn't have a pic of the front to actually see the belly button... but you get the jist of it. and the cranes would hang above it
that's incredible. seriously, i predict 50/50.

i did a mosaic of coathanger clips, I think i posted it somewhere before...

cob95

HSC
are movies marked harshly? cause i dont think people understand how much time goes into it, but because its only 5 minutes people assume its easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)