Whats the most marks you ever scabbed? (1 Viewer)

MouNtY

people that scab piss me off..........this one dude, did his whole exam in the wrong mode....so he ended up getting some real shitty mark...but then the teacher went and marked the whole exam in the mode that the dude had used, and he ended up coming second...

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
In mathsi 'answered' this question where i didnt know what i was doing was just writing down random stuff and my line of 'working out' didnt even add up, but i still got the right answer (crazy luck) but i didnt get the marks :(

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
grabbing marks for straightforward subjects like maths and maybe physics to a certain extent is ok but if you're doing it for subjects that are open to subjective marking than you're pathetic. You got the mark for the work you wrote, if u KNOW you're wrong and you're still scrounging around for marks then u are an idiot.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
omg i did a halfyearly with like 13 marks of trig in the wrong mode.. n i got like 5 marks for my working out but yeh i had the wrong answer for everything.. this was like in year 10.. and the teacher said she knew i did it in the wrong mode but there was nothing she could do.. grr

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
i dont scab as such, but if when we are going over a paper or something n i see that i wrote what the teacher was talking about i tend to go up and ask about it. same goes if i write something similar to a friend who got the mark. i go up to see what i did wrong, but some of my teachers just say to leave it with them to look over n i sometimes end up with more. if i do its a bonus but if not it dun really matter cos i get better feedback on it so i know where i screwed up and really know how to answer it next time.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ummm my cafs exam was added up wrong.. instead of me getting 91% i got 79%.. i was kinda pissed off today cuz of that.. i thought i did well.. but yeh theres one question where im really not sure where i lost 3 marks so maybe itll bump up my mark a bit..
but yeh the other chick who got 91%.. hers was added up wrong too.. and considering only 1 other person got above 90 i think the average is lower..

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i havent scabbed but my teacher ripped me off 10 marks lol

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by nessie_lee
there's a girl at my school is the queen of getting extra marks!! hehe..
lolzz....even i know ppl who scabbbbed a lot !!!!! but i think there's no point cos this scabbing business doesn't work at uni....thank god!!!:) otherwise ppl wud scab at uni tooo:rolleyes:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Misturi
Someone in my maths class didn't use simpsons rule, except he got 390cm and the answer was 380cm with simpsons rule. Even though simpsons rule is only an approximation, he didn't get any marks because he worked it out wrong. He had a bitch about that!
lol did he realise they are testing his ability to use the concepts learnt in class?!

Originally posted by cro_angel
haha once they didnt add up the marks properly and i was 19 or 20 marks short.. might i add this was a maths exam.. it was year 8 though..
why is it that maths exams are always the ones added up wrongly?

kow_dude

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
ive onyl pointed out errors in adding marks up. and i question the teachers why i got this question wrong, and sometimes i get the mark because they forgot to mark something :rolleyes: but i dont march up and scab.
i consider that scabbing...

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Nothing wrong with scabbing whatsoever... the teacher's at my school tend to be reluctant in giving extra marks as it is an admission of their inadequacy. :p

I got 4 extra marks once because the last question of my maths paper wasn't marked...
Reasonable to try and scab... just don't get pissed when you know you didn't deserve it.

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by Estel
Nothing wrong with scabbing whatsoever... the teacher's at my school tend to be reluctant in giving extra marks as it is an admission of their inadequacy. :p

I got 4 extra marks once because the last question of my maths paper wasn't marked...
Reasonable to try and scab... just don't get pissed when you know you didn't deserve it.
tsk tsk...

never scab in yr 11... ull unnecessarily get the teachers pissed at u. scab only in yr 12.

and yes, sefton teachers *cough*repin*cough* are scab proof cos its basically admitting they were wrong.

Giant Lobster

HSC
hahaha theres no point coming first in yr 11.

I remember i did no study for yr 11 stuff... up to the night b4 a major exam, id still be reading some textbook of the hsc course.. that, or playing games. No point getting good in yr 11. Just "wake up" in yr 12 :)

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
I have no problem with scabbing , why wouldnt u do it? its your bloody HSC you would be stupid not to...

xeriphic

don't usually scab marks then again my teachers are just plain stupid and marking the paper wrong, they seem to have the problem of using "ouside sources" such as from tutors or study books, also they follow the most annoying marking guidelines ever, it is so specific on what your answer must consist of in order to get the marks, regardless as to whether what you wrote actually acceptable for the question, so that's where i point out my problems, though once i did pick up around 7 marks for maths when the teacher starts to mark one wrong after another

a funny thing is that this person in our school tried to scab another mark on this question along with other people where many didn't answer the question properly, he actually got an 1/2 more mark more than the rest when he had around the same answer for the question, in the end instead of getting more marks the teacher took 1/2 mark off him to stop others from complaining

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i wouldnt nag and nag to get a few measly marks cos in the end you annoy the fuck out of your teacher and you look like a weaseling little scabber anyway... ONLY corrections for incorrect marking should be done...scabbing in subjects with subjective marking is fucking stupid...you didnt write what was needed to get into the band, get over it and if you don't improve next time then you're an idiot and shouldnt be getting the extra marks anyway

Last edited:

Estel

Tutor
HSC
If it's the trials, and your teacher doesn't matter anymore... and that extra mark gets you the 1st ranking... what do you do? Of course you scab... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)